Search found 41 matches

by VittorioE
12 Aug 2010, 15:26
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Death Certificate Question
Replies: 9
Views: 4208

Re: Death Certificate Question

Hey Corrado... how do I go about getting an interline or amended death certificate... I'm dealing with the great Garden State of New Jersey! Hey Carmine - my grandfather came after the 1930 Census... So I am actually applying for the 1940 Census... for further proof! Here's my question... who makes ...
by VittorioE
12 Aug 2010, 01:27
Topic: Death Certificate Question
Replies: 9
Views: 4208

Death Certificate Question

Okay... Wondering if I'm going to have a problem... I have all of my documensts... - No Records from the USICS.... - No Records from the National Archives... - No Records from the only TWO Counties my Nonno lived in and then... I just got his death certificate and it says... Citizen Of What Country ...
by VittorioE
05 Aug 2010, 06:23
Topic: Questions about applying citizenship
Replies: 5
Views: 2951

Re: Questions about applying citizenship

What does it mean when they send documents to another consulate for Verification?! Do they send to the consulate where your vital records are from (ie birth certificates, Marriage licenses, etc.) ?! Mine come from a couple different states so I wonder if that will slow my application down? Do you kn...
by VittorioE
05 Aug 2010, 05:51
Topic: appointment at philly consulate
Replies: 6
Views: 3257

Re: appointment at philly consulate

Belmoro... I am in a similar situation... I have no record of my Grandparents marriage... two searches turned out NO RECORDS... but I KNOW they were married... there is a section on my mother's birth certificate that says "Legitimate" YES/NO and it is check YES . Were you able to get the c...
by VittorioE
01 Aug 2010, 05:08
Topic: Divorce Decree
Replies: 3
Views: 2316

Divorce Decree

Question... I am the product of my parents first marriage... they are divorced and both remarried... will I need a copy of their divorce decree?

Neither of them is apply at this time.

I am going thought Grandfather :arrow: Mother :arrow: Me.

Thoughts?
by VittorioE
29 Jul 2010, 03:39
Topic: Proof of naturalization - these 3 docs enough?
Replies: 31
Views: 14301

Re: Proof of naturalization - these 3 docs enough?

Okay. Now I'm confused. What's a "county" census. Is that something I need?! I have a none existence letter from the USCIS, a no records from NARA and no records from both county clerks from the only two towns my grandfather lived. My grandfather doesn't appear on any census in 1930. He im...
by VittorioE
28 Jul 2010, 04:01

My ancestors are from New Jersey and Conneticut via New York.
by VittorioE
27 Jul 2010, 04:48

Okay... I got another email from the National Archives today... they did a search on my paternal grandfather... and my maternal great grandfather... which I initiated through email after getting the message that my online request was incorrectly placed. In any case neither showed up with records... ...
by VittorioE
25 Jul 2010, 18:53
Topic: Had my meeting in Boston
Replies: 19
Views: 10042

Re: Had my meeting in Boston

Has anyone had experience with missing marriage records? I've done everything that I can - but I can't find my grandparents marriage records... they were obviously married since there is a section on my mother's birth certificate which states she was "legitimate" I'll be applying in San Fr...
by VittorioE
25 Jul 2010, 18:48
Topic: Certified Copy of Letters
Replies: 2
Views: 2017

Re: Certified Copy of Letters

Thanks Peter... I will do that... anyone have any experience in LA with getting certified copies of documents?
by VittorioE
25 Jul 2010, 13:51
Topic: Certified Copy of Letters
Replies: 2
Views: 2017

Certified Copy of Letters

Hi everyone... Wow... I wish I had found this forum 6 months ago!!! So I got my "official" letter from the USCIS... not sure what I was expecting... but not even color stationary... looks like a photocopy.... but it's the official Certification of Non Existence... Here's my question... my ...