Search found 98 matches

by rgaetano
21 Jul 2010, 15:31
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Proof of naturalization - these 3 docs enough?
Replies: 31
Views: 14301

Re: Proof of naturalization - these 3 docs enough?

very true, I know understand why they ask for so much to prove no naturalization. Luckily for me, he naturalized so late that it doesn't change my citizenship status. and that is good to hear that they require no apostille. Included in my copy of the "petition" is a "certificate of lo...
by rgaetano
21 Jul 2010, 15:29

Re: Proof of naturalization - these 3 docs enough?

very true, I know understand why they ask for so much to prove no naturalization. Luckily for me, he naturalized so late that it doesn't change my citizenship status. and that is good to hear that they require no apostille. Included in my copy of the "petition" is a "certificate of lo...
by rgaetano
21 Jul 2010, 03:34

Proof of naturalization - these 3 docs enough?

I have obtained certified copies from a county clerk's office in NYS of the following documents for my GGF's naturalizations..... 1. declaration of intention 2. petition for naturalization 3. citizenship petition granted I just want to check to make sure I am not missing a naturalization document, a...
by rgaetano
14 Jul 2010, 04:07
Topic: NY and NJ - warning
Replies: 35
Views: 21340

Re: NY and NJ - warning

Does anyone know if it helps if you were to present the original bc/dc/marriage cert to a court in NYS (not NYC) when you ask for a certified long copy (where you would ordinarily need a court order for)?
by rgaetano
13 Jul 2010, 15:40
Topic: I'm starting the process of dual citizenship and
Replies: 6
Views: 3248

Re: I'm starting the process of dual citizenship and

ciao Carmine, Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I've attached a screen cap of the form that I am looking at. It says the petition number is required to process the order. In addition, if you select NYS, it only offers 5 cities to choose from? I was actually planning on going to NARA in NYC this ...
by rgaetano
13 Jul 2010, 13:41

I think this needs some clarification. The process to get marriage, divorce, etc. certs has been made much easier. Fill out a few forms, send your money in with proper ID and you're good to go. What forms are you referring to? Are you talking about vital check? On vital check website, for marriage ...
by rgaetano
13 Jul 2010, 13:29
Topic: I'm starting the process of dual citizenship and
Replies: 6
Views: 3248

Re: I'm starting the process of dual citizenship and

2) National Archives: General info: http://www.archives.gov/genealogy/naturalization/naturalization.html To order, go to https://eservices.archives.gov/orderonline/start.swe?SWECmd=Start&SWEHo=eservices.archives.gov Click "Order Reproductions", then "Immigration and Naturalizatio...
by rgaetano
13 Jul 2010, 04:41

I still can't believe have crazy NYS is about this..... Has anyone had any luck going to a small town clerk/court where they don't follow these strict rules? I'm declaring citizenship through my GGF. My GGF/GF have death/birth certificates in a small town in upstate ny. I'm planning on going there i...