Search found 98 matches

by rgaetano
21 Feb 2011, 14:32
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: amending to birth date or registered birth date?
Replies: 13
Views: 3702

Re: amending to birth date or registered birth date?

thanks all, mler+screamingmonkey, yes, thankfully I have both the Certificato di Nascita and the estratto del registro degli Atti Di Nascita. This should be helpful to me with any troubles I have should the consulate bring up any doubts. Unfortunately, the death certificate is a NYS, not NYC documen...
by rgaetano
21 Feb 2011, 14:25
Topic: Amending birth, marriage in NYS
Replies: 18
Views: 6181

Re: Amending birth, marriage in NYS

thanks kontess! very helpful. I have since found the forms online (the clerk didn't have all the forms, or didn't know where they were at the time I spoke to her). Will I run into any problems that (obviously) neither me nor my father are the signatories on either document? I think I will fill out t...
by rgaetano
20 Feb 2011, 15:28
Topic: amending to birth date or registered birth date?
Replies: 13
Views: 3702

amending to birth date or registered birth date?

ciao, I need to amend my GGF's death certificate, but I am not sure which date to amend it to. His actual date of birth (Certificato di Nascita) is August 21, but his registered date of birth (estratto del registro degli Atti Di Nascita) says August 23. All his naturalization records show August 23,...
by rgaetano
20 Feb 2011, 15:14
Topic: Amending birth, marriage in NYS
Views: 6181

Amending birth, marriage in NYS

Hi, I am in the process of trying to amend birth (GF) and marriage certificates (GGF) for small spelling mistakes in the last name (one letter in each case). I am working with a very small upstate NY town clerk. Although they have been very nice, they are seem very clueless about the procedure, so I...
by rgaetano
01 Feb 2011, 22:43
Topic: Official procedure for amending in NY or CT
Views: 6440

Re: Official procedure for amending in NY or CT

Thanks kontessa,
I am hoping to be able to amend the following documents (all NYS)

GF birth
GF marriage
GGF death

Anyone have any experiences with these? I will start with local clerks then call albany.
by rgaetano
01 Feb 2011, 19:34
Topic: Official procedure for amending in NY or CT
Views: 6440

Re: Official procedure for amending in NY or CT

I'd like to know as well. I called a small town clerk in NYS to amend a birth and marriage certificate and they said they didnt know how and would get back to me about it. Is there a state form to start the process?
by rgaetano
01 Feb 2011, 03:53
Topic: Progress update...looking for feedback for NY
Replies: 2
Views: 1375

Progress update...looking for feedback for NY

Ciao a tutti, It's been a while since I've posted, but I'd like to check in with my progress so far and get some feedback for my case. I will be applying in NY, and my appointment is at the end of May, 2011. I think my application is fairly straight forward, but that I will need to amend a few docum...
by rgaetano
14 Dec 2010, 14:18
Topic: New York State - Making It Complicated
Replies: 9
Views: 3194

Re: New York State - Making It Complicated

I see, thanks. So is there a way to check if the initial "certifier" is recognized by the state before you send them off to be apostilled? Also, how long does it usually take to apostille documents through the mail?
by rgaetano
14 Dec 2010, 04:12
Topic: New York State - Making It Complicated
Views: 3194

Re: New York State - Making It Complicated

I don't understand... so when you get a "certified" document from a local or county clerk's/vital records office (ie, certified with signature, seal and stamp by county clerk), you need to get it certified again by someone else before you can have it apostilled by NYS?
by rgaetano
30 Oct 2010, 17:51
Topic: Use Italian version of american names
Replies: 8
Views: 2552

Re: Use Italian version of american names

thanks everybody. maybe going through the italian courts is the way to go, albeit probably significantly more confusing....
by rgaetano
29 Oct 2010, 03:36

Re: Use Italian version of american names

thanks carmine,
that's what i figured....i'll think about it. any idea of how difficult it is to amend your BC in NYS (not NYC)? does that mean you will have to get a new US passport and drivers license after you amend it?
by rgaetano
29 Oct 2010, 02:59

Use Italian version of american names

I feel that this is highly unlikely, but I'm wondering if it is possible, when you register as an Italian citizen, to use the italian forms of an english name. for example, if your middle name is john (and john on all US certificates), can you have your italian records and passport be "giovanni...
by rgaetano
28 Aug 2010, 19:04
Topic: NYC Appointment: Mother before self?
Views: 4084

Re: NYC Appointment: Mother before self?

i will definitely let the board know how it goes, it is not until May 2011 though
by rgaetano
27 Aug 2010, 19:31
Topic: NYC Appointment: Mother before self?
Views: 4084

Re: NYC Appointment: Mother before self?

I made an appointment for both me and my father (back to back). Do you think this will be a problem (in NY)? I've done most of the research and work getting the documents so I really want to be there for the process (and also uncase there is a misunderstanding or an issue, I feel I would be best to ...