Search found 98 matches

by rgaetano
13 Apr 2011, 22:10
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: several naturalization documents, which do I need for NY?
Replies: 3
Views: 956

several naturalization documents, which do I need for NY?

I have a set of naturalization documents, one from a NYS County Clerk, and the other from USCIS. I am confused about what I need for my appointment (in NYC), and what needs to be certified (if at all). The following documents I have from the County clerk, and have all have the certified stamp/signat...
by rgaetano
08 Apr 2011, 21:54
Topic: Appointment Recap-NYC
Replies: 11
Views: 2699

Re: Appointment Recap-NYC

congrats on a smooth appointment! looks like you should be in good shape. i'm glad to hear positive news out of NY after everyone makes it sound so horrible. I have a couple of questions for you, 1. did you have/were you required to have any/all non-blood line documents? 2. what kind of translations...
by rgaetano
31 Mar 2011, 17:54
Topic: NY consulate Appointment Next week
Replies: 9
Views: 2070

Re: NY consulate Appointment Next week

Thanks, MTST995. That makes me more at ease with the apostilles. If you can't get the marriage certificated amended in time, another thing you may want to try is to get a notarized affidavit (I would go with both an Italian and US version,) explaining that the year is off by exactly one year. Everyo...
by rgaetano
30 Mar 2011, 22:31

glad to hear NYC apostille is quick. Does anyone know if you can get NYS documents apostilled at both the Albany and Manhattan location? Also, I seem to remember some "6 month" detail about how long an apostille can be given since the original certification, but I can't find anything about...
by rgaetano
30 Mar 2011, 11:52

what state is your GGF marriage certificate from? If it is a NYS document, it is easy to fix (i'm only familiar with doing this for NYS). I'm in the process of doing amending my GGF marriage, and I've been told to expect my amended documents in a week. I'd say you can do the whole process in maybe 2...
by rgaetano
07 Mar 2011, 12:54
Topic: Amending birth, marriage in NYS
Replies: 18
Views: 6203

Re: Amending birth, marriage in NYS

Well, I guess under my situation, the affidavit is worth a try, even if NYC is unlikely to accept it. Thanks so much for the help. I'll give an update once I amend these documents.
by rgaetano
05 Mar 2011, 05:56

@javaislife -I'm confused about what the municipal archives are, I was under the impression that it was a NYC thing (all documents in question are NYS)? Also, what was your Italian affidavit used for (small spelling error, date error, etc?) @ Kontessa, so you used the Italian affidavit successfully?...
by rgaetano
04 Mar 2011, 13:35

Kontessa, great idea. I will look around for a good one to use. If you remember a good one that you used, please let me know. JavaisLife, the birth certificate I am trying to amend is from 1910. I'm not sure exactly what you mean? The marriage certificate of my GGF seems easy enough to amend, just a...
by rgaetano
03 Mar 2011, 16:54

sorry for not being more clear. On my GF's birth certificate, both last names (GF and GGF) are misspelled with the Z, unfortunately. I see your point though, if my GGF didn't have the misspelling on my GF birth certificate, it should be more convincing to fix without the court order. Luckily, I alre...
by rgaetano
03 Mar 2011, 16:50

sorry for not being more clear. On my GF's birth certificate, both last names (GF and GGF) are misspelled with the Z, unfortunately. I see your point though, if my GGF didn't have the misspelling on my GF birth certificate, it should be more convincing to fix without the court order. Luckily, I alre...
by rgaetano
03 Mar 2011, 01:59

hi kontessa, My GF has all other documents spelled correctly, with the "S", only his birth is misspelled with a "Z". I actually already have a certified copy of this record (the county clerk just gave it to me, whereas NYS would have wanted a court order). But now that I need to ...
by rgaetano
01 Mar 2011, 22:55

just an update... I wrote to Linda Ortiz in Albany, who does the ammendments/corrections. She is very helpful and responds fast via email. It looks like I can ammend my GGF death certificate, and his marriage certificate with out much difficulty (supply the forms, affidavits, and copies of documents...
by rgaetano
01 Mar 2011, 22:43
Topic: NYC Appointment recap (long post)
Replies: 13
Views: 4595

Re: NYC Appointment recap (long post)

congrats on a successful appointment! i'm up in NY in 3 months, encouraging to hear your story, thanks for sharing.
by rgaetano
22 Feb 2011, 00:49
Topic: amending to birth date or registered birth date?
Views: 3702

Re: amending to birth date or registered birth date?

Ha, funny that NYC is so lax. So since this is my GGF, the closest living descendant is my father (the grandson). Will An affidavit from my father work in addition to the other documents?
by rgaetano
21 Feb 2011, 21:36
Topic: amending to birth date or registered birth date?
Views: 3702

Re: amending to birth date or registered birth date?

What kind of proof? Will the Italian birth certificate with translation suffice?