Search found 303 matches

by kontessa
03 Feb 2012, 08:42
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: All problems cleared...but one Birth Certificate! help!
Replies: 11
Views: 4393

Re: All problems cleared...but one Birth Certificate! help!

This is just an opinion, but if your GF is in your direct line, you need to have something to offer the consulate in Houston. Do you have an official baptismal certificate? Since you already have an attorney, why not attempt to have the state of TX create a delayed birth record based on the record t...
by kontessa
02 Feb 2012, 19:35
Topic: Last Names
Replies: 14
Views: 3599

Re: Last Names

Since you will NEVER find the name "Cristino" (or any variation thereof such as Cristian, Cristianello, Cristo, etc.) in Italy spelled with the letter "h" inserted, you do NOT have a problem and I wouldn't change anything. With all due respect, just because a certain letter does...
by kontessa
02 Feb 2012, 09:05

I have a similar issue in that all of my GGF's documents have Italian spelling of last name Cristino, and my GF and the rest of us have American spelling Christino. I corrected my GF's D.C. to add his father's last name with Italian spelling. I'm hoping you are right and I also feel that they reall...
by kontessa
01 Feb 2012, 08:27
Topic: Need husband's birth certificate?
Replies: 4
Views: 1349

Re: Need husband's birth certificate?

Wishing you the best at your appointment! :D
by kontessa
01 Feb 2012, 08:25

Is your GM in your direct line? If not, then don't worry about it. If so, then given the fact that you will be applying in NYC, you may have a problem. Have you done any reading on what others have posted about their experiences applying in NYC? They are one of the more difficult consulates to deal ...
by kontessa
11 Jan 2012, 09:14
Topic: Miami or DC?
Replies: 1
Views: 776

Re: Miami or DC?

I don't believe that Georgia is covered by the embassy in DC - the areas they cover are fairly small compared to the other consulates. (Maybe only one or two counties in nearby Virginia, DC proper, and I'm not even sure about MD. You may want to check on Miami's area of jurisdiction, as it seems lik...
by kontessa
30 Dec 2011, 19:30
Topic: Translations for Documents
Replies: 9
Views: 3437

Re: Translations for Documents

When you applied in Italy did you hire a lawyer or do it yourself? My Italian is NOT fluent. I had been living in Italy for 8+ years when I submitted my application, and didn't feel that I required the assistance of an attorney. I would think that if you had a friend or acqaintance that spoke Itali...
by kontessa
28 Dec 2011, 17:23
Topic: Translations for Documents
Views: 3437

Re: Translations for Documents

Hopefully someone with recent experience will respond to your questions. In the meantime, you could confirm the translation requirements for both Boston and NY by searching on their respective websites. Unless the consulate specifies that you must choose someone from their own list of approved trans...
by kontessa
27 Dec 2011, 20:22
Topic: Italian Residency After you get Citizenship
Views: 2584

Re: Italian Residency After you get Citizenship

Well then, please give us an example of how this is so -- leaving out information which pertains to foreign students and EU citizens from other EU countries, as you seem to confuse these categories with Italian-Americans, Italian-Canadians, etc. who are seeking ITALIAN citizenship. Remember, this I...
by kontessa
27 Dec 2011, 17:43

When living with their parents, they held residence in the same Comune as the parents. When they got married and moved to other cities in Italy or anywhere else in the European Union, they held residence in that city ONLY unless they personally maintained a home/apartment in the previous place of r...
by kontessa
26 Dec 2011, 20:41

I know a number of Italians who are resident in one Italian comune but who choose to live in another. I also know several Italians who have residency in Italy, but who live and work in Brussels. The fact that tax implications were mentioned in response to the original question was for the purpose of...
by kontessa
22 Dec 2011, 06:54
Topic: What happens after the appointment?
Replies: 11
Views: 3795

Re: What happens after the appointment?

Just want to add that not only does the consulate review your documents, but they make the decision about your actual recognition - not Rome, nor the comune in Italy. Once your documents have been reviewed/approved, they are sent on to the comune in Italy. This is done electronically or via post. Th...
by kontessa
22 Dec 2011, 06:37

To obtain official residency , you must register as a resident in an Italian comune. To register as a resident, you would provide proof to the comune that you are actually living in an apartment, house, room - whatever is considered your home. A registered rental contract, proof of home ownership, e...
by kontessa
01 Dec 2011, 20:47
Topic: Middle Names
Replies: 3
Views: 1424

Re: Middle Names

Well, I can offer an opinion, but I'm not sure it's worth very much! If it were me, I wouldn't add the middle name to the American documents, because you want to have as many documents as possible that match, and you can't change naturalization documents. What's in your favor, is that you have an It...