by JoeVenezia
14 Mar 2010, 15:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Translation of Italian Civil Records to English
Replies: 4
Views: 4704

Translation of Italian Civil Records to English

Hello All,

I found this document (which shows the exact English translation of Italian birth and baptismal records) on the web somewhere, but just cannot remember where...does anyone have this information for "official" Italian death and marriage records? Thanks in advance.

Ciao,
Joe
by JoeVenezia
14 Mar 2010, 15:24
Topic: Hit A Roadblock in Your Research?
Replies: 0
Views: 1796

Hit A Roadblock in Your Research?

Hello All, I did as well, since the Mormon church had no records from the tiny town of Roccagorga and limited records from Ceccano (my mother's parents home towns). As I was browsing I did find this site: http://www.sicilyvideo.it/eng/ricerchegenealogiche/ricerchegenealogiche.html Giovanni has been ...
by JoeVenezia
06 Feb 2010, 01:11
Topic: More Birth Record Translations - Venezia - Atripalda
Replies: 1
Views: 2272

More Birth Record Translations - Venezia - Atripalda

Hello All, I would like to enlist your expert help again...attached are two parts of the same birth record for Vincenzo Di Benedetto (son of Gaetano Di Benedetto and Mariangela Nazzaro) born on Sept. 29, 1852, correct? My question is on part II below....why are my G-G-G Grandfather Raffaele Venezia ...
by JoeVenezia
31 Jan 2010, 22:33
Topic: Translating Italian Birth Records - Venezia - Atripalda
Views: 4948

Re: Translating Italian Birth Records - Venezia - Atripalda

Thank you both for your prompt response!

Regards,
Joe
by JoeVenezia
31 Jan 2010, 18:14
Topic: Translating Italian Birth Records - Venezia - Atripalda
Views: 4948

Translating Italian Birth Records - Venezia - Atripalda

Hello All, Via the Mormon microfilms I have located the birth registries of my grandfather Raffaele (1893) and his brother Pellegrino (1897...this one is much clearer) from Atripalda. Would someone be able to help out in translating the key facts...birth date, time, location, etc.? Of particular int...
by JoeVenezia
09 Jan 2010, 19:20
Topic: Searching for Ciotti in Roccagorga
Replies: 21
Views: 13580

Re: Searching for Ciotti in Roccagorga

OMG...how funny....OF COURSE I remember you and your sister...Terry and Toni....the family picnics and the holidays....how did you ever find this site? Why don't you send me your e-mail (I am at JoeViking@aol.com)...I have the whole tree on Ancestry.com..... I am married with 3 boys....13, 10 and 8....
by JoeVenezia
06 Jan 2010, 03:08

Very cool...thank you....would you be able to send me the actual jpeg...it is somewhat difficul to view.

Regards,
Joe
by JoeVenezia
05 Jan 2010, 17:57

Hello suanj, Those draft records are definitely my grandfather...I have those as part of the family tree on ancestry.com...my grandmother was Virginia. Maybe he came in 1904, went back and returned again for good in 1905??? I guess the town records would be the final validation since I know his pare...
by JoeVenezia
05 Jan 2010, 14:03

Hello Suanj, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Attached is the 1905 Immigration Record I have been working off of for my grandfather. It states he had a brother Leonardo in NYC. The 1930 census report states he came over in 1905 and was 45 in April of 1930, so I think his birthdate is actual...
by JoeVenezia
05 Jan 2010, 02:43

Searching for Ciotti in Roccagorga

Hello All, My grandfather (my mother's father) Antonio Ciotti was born in tiny Roccagorga (population around 2,000 then) in 1883 to Angelo Ciotti and Vittoria Maurizzi and came to the US in the early 1900's. I have tried the Mormons, but they do not have the records for this tiny town on microfilm. ...