by Addamo
02 Jun 2013, 21:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giuseppa Carnesi
Replies: 6
Views: 2411

Re: Giuseppa Carnesi

Marty,
Yes, that is the correct naturalization for Giuseppa. Gaetano is her husband. I had already found that document. I'm thinking the NY marriage license will resolve the issue...
Many thanks and much appreciation to all that responded!
by Addamo
01 Jun 2013, 04:43
Topic: Giuseppa Carnesi
Replies: 6
Views: 2411

Giuseppa Carnesi

Hello, I'm looking for info on Giuseppa Carnesi b. 12 Jan 1885 in Mezzojuso, Sicily. She married Gaetano Barcia May 30, 1910 in NY. She died Aug 1986. I'm interested in finding her parents and family. thank you!
by Addamo
03 Aug 2012, 02:26
Topic: Montefalcione, St Margherita, Taurasi
Replies: 0
Views: 645

Montefalcione, St Margherita, Taurasi

Hello, I live in the United States and my husband and I are planning a trip to Italy this September for 3 weeks to visit the places where his family lived. Our first stop is Montevago where we have already made contact with some cousins and a ggAunt. We feel very lucky about that! The other cities w...
by Addamo
10 Nov 2011, 02:46
Topic: Pietro B Barbieri Genova
Replies: 23
Views: 7557

Re: Pietro B Barbieri Genova

Laura,

I am dumbstruck by what you have found. It's amazing and I am so appreciative. No one knew anything past Pietro, and now you have opened up so much history. Thank you so very much. :o :shock: :D

You have given me so much...
by Addamo
07 Nov 2011, 20:05

Re: Pietro B Barbieri Genova

Thanks to all that responded. There are two Barbieri trees, JMBarbieri is not my tree, although I know who she is. I had the military record and the census records. I had most everything from the US documents, except the fabulous marriage announcement with photo! What a treasure! The immigration rec...
by Addamo
06 Nov 2011, 23:51

Pietro B Barbieri Genova

I'm trying to find the Italian family of Pietro B Barbieri born 10 Apr 1883 in Genova Italy. He came to America in 1899 and went straight to San Francisco and worked as a pasta maker. The immigration record stated he was living in Ruvenna at the time he left, however, family says he originally came ...
by Addamo
03 Oct 2011, 00:48
Topic: Antoscio/Martignetti/Mauriello
Replies: 25
Views: 7427

Re: Antoscio/Martignetti/Mauriello

Well, I would have never guessed Taurasi--ever! :lol: Thank you so much. I've completed the form to request Giuseppe and Angela's marriage license. So, I guess that will resolve the issue of the name. I suspect you are correct, but I need to be sure. I hope I have better luck in getting records from...
by Addamo
02 Oct 2011, 20:36

Hi Tessa 78 and Suanj, I just received the death certificates of Angela and Joseph (Giuseppe) Mauriello. The death certificate for Angela states that her mother's name was Nancy Antoscia and her father Patrick Martignetti. Joseph her husband would have been the person who gave the information at the...
by Addamo
30 Sep 2011, 18:34

Oh my, you have no idea how happy you have made me. :D I had already found the two immigration documents for Giuseppe, however when his daughters were asked if they knew about an Uncle named Antonio or a Aunt named Carmela, none had heard of them. I was certain they were Giuseppe's siblings, however...
by Addamo
28 Sep 2011, 21:48

I'm not sure about the spelling, I will know more when I receive the actual death certificates from CA. Antosci a sounds promising. I find it interesting it's an uncommon surname. I will definitely use the help with the letters link. Thanks for passing that on. Hopefully when the letters are receive...
by Addamo
26 Sep 2011, 18:41

Antoscio/Martignetti/Mauriello

Hi! I found on the CA death index that Angela Martignetti (husband's grandmother) mother's maiden name was Antoscio. I have been unable to get a hit on that surname on Ancestry or this site. I have requested the death certificate to make sure the translation was correct. Angela Martignetti was born ...
by Addamo
16 Jun 2011, 04:10
Topic: Clemente - Montevago, Agrigento, Sicily
Replies: 10
Views: 8997

Re: Clemente - Montevago, Agrigento, Sicily

I wish I had good news for you. I have not been able to learn anything new. Vincenzo and Vita were my husband's great grandparents. Any research at this point would have to be done in Italy and I don't speak nor read the language. It was Vincenzo and Vita's daughter that immigrated to NY in 1912. Sh...
by Addamo
29 Apr 2009, 01:25

Wldspirit,

Thanks for the leads. I will follow your advice.

I just found this web site and I am so impressed and grateful at how friendly and helpful this experience has been.
by Addamo
29 Apr 2009, 01:16

Hello Valerie,

Yes, that's my site. I knew about the 1920 and 1930 census records, I'm surprised I haven't linked them yet. Thanks so much for your help, I'll get that done!
by Addamo
29 Apr 2009, 01:05
Topic: Addamo/Adamo St. Margherita, Belice, Sicily
Replies: 5
Views: 6458

Re: Addamo/Adamo St. Margherita, Belice, Sicily

Thanks for the information. Will there be an English translation?