Search found 252 matches

by donnawright
29 Apr 2010, 09:25
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Question about uploading a small file for help with name
Replies: 4
Views: 3200

Re: Question about uploading a small file for help with name

Thanks Lee. I posted an image shack link under translations. All I need on this is the first name... hopefully a cinch for someone to recognize.

Donna
by donnawright
29 Apr 2010, 09:22
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please tell me the first name of this baby
Replies: 1
Views: 2418

Please tell me the first name of this baby

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3123 ... odesti.jpg

I found this on a FHC film. Date is different from what I know, but the name is too coincidental not to be mine somehow. Can't read the first name.

Record 210.... Modesti Piero d ________________________

Thank you.

Donna
by donnawright
29 Apr 2010, 08:50
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Question about uploading a small file for help with name
Replies: 4
Views: 3200

Question about uploading a small file for help with name

I cropped three lines off an index of births to ask someone to help read a name. After I "attach" I got the message that the attachment has exceded the limit in size. It's a small jpg file, and when I looked at the link for sizes and extensions, it says no maximum. Please explain if you ca...
by donnawright
20 Apr 2010, 00:18
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Has anyone ever heard this expression?
Replies: 94
Views: 98491

Re: Has anyone ever heard this expression?

So, what's old is new! My dad is the one who used to say that phrase, and he was from Tuscany. So, I don't know if that's right or not. I remember him messing around with the lawn mower one time and grumbling that phrase at it. And on numerous other occasions to express his displeasure at something....
by donnawright
19 Apr 2010, 16:27
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Is there a family document in Italy that shows the name of..
Replies: 25
Views: 11698

Re: Is there a family document in Italy that shows the name

Is there anyone in paginebianche.it with your needed surname who you could make contact with and perhaps go into the civil office for you?
by donnawright
19 Apr 2010, 14:40

Sounds like you had a great and willing partner in that comune who did so much for you. He must have referred to his Scheda Individuale to get the information of when they came and left town! Sorano civil office workers have told everyone who inquired on my behalf that they are too busy with the liv...
by donnawright
19 Apr 2010, 14:20

Yes, I sure did read your information about the regional collection for Tuscany! With the help of those Scheda Individuale for this family and your explanation of the film descriptions, I think I might now be better able to zero in on some films. When a film is so very specific as to gender and one ...
by donnawright
19 Apr 2010, 14:09

I wonder if the people in this small town remembered my first request to help them in any way with the second one. The second one wasn't too far behind receipt of the first information. On both requests I put what information I knew as reference points to help them locate and confirm my stuff. Guess...
by donnawright
19 Apr 2010, 13:42

Here is what I sent, plus some commentary from me to you. Anything you would like to add to help me generate my third request? Alla gentile attention dell’Ufficio dei Registri Civili: Vi sarei molto grata se poteste fare una piccolo ricerca ed inviarmi: MY COMMENT: Basically, do a little research ...
by donnawright
19 Apr 2010, 07:44

I received a nice group of "Scheda Individuale" and I learned quite a bit. I cannot get documents out of Sorano no matter what I do, but a kind person went to another comune where I learned my family was connected somehow, but I did not know how. This person got Scheda Individuale document...
by donnawright
19 Apr 2010, 07:16
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Has anyone ever heard this expression?
Replies: 94
Views: 98491

Re: Has anyone ever heard this expression?

I hesitate because I don't know what the heck these things say, but this one has never been in a complimentary manner either. Here goes.

ed nah gaddita da mammita

The first emphasis was on the Ed

Sorry if it's bad.

Donna
by donnawright
14 Apr 2010, 03:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Read this NY town -- also Antonio ???
Replies: 11
Views: 5643

Re: Read this NY town -- also Antonio ???

I'm not sure where he ended up. I didn't know about this person until another respondent here found him. His 1909 manifest was transcribed incorrectly as him being from Sanafoli when it is clearly Pianopoli, and that's how I missed him in the first place. I THINK this man Tomaso Tomaino could be a f...
by donnawright
13 Apr 2010, 22:37

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Ftif2gif%2Eexe%3FT%3D%5C%5C%5C%5C192%2E168%2E100%2E11%5C%5CIMAGES%5C%5CT715%2D1234%5C%5CT715%2D12340495%2ETIF%26S%3D%2E5&pID=105289010483&name=Tommaso%26nbsp%3BTomaino&doa=Apr+05%2C+1909&port=Naples&line=0018 T...
by donnawright
13 Apr 2010, 22:35

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Ftif2gif%2Eexe%3FT%3D%5C%5C%5C%5C192%2E168%2E100%2E11%5C%5CIMAGES%5C%5CT715%2D1234%5C%5CT715%2D12340495%2ETIF%26S%3D%2E5&pID=105289010483&name=Tommaso%26nbsp%3BTomaino&doa=Apr+05%2C+1909&port=Naples&line=0018 T...
by donnawright
13 Apr 2010, 11:54

Read this NY town -- also Antonio ???

Two separate listings are included here. Both say Antonio ???? and have the same New York town. Anyone read these?

Sorry I had attachments, but they won't load.