Search found 252 matches

by donnawright
14 Sep 2010, 21:20
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: distant relatives and such
Replies: 30
Views: 22850

Re: distant relatives and such

I am also interested in the distant cousins and even people not related from their town. Their stories of the total family count for much of what their lives were like. Example: My grandfather came to America in 1906, his wife and two of the children in 1912, and the last child in 1919. I hope someo...
by donnawright
03 Sep 2010, 16:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Free Ancestry.com
Replies: 0
Views: 1833

Free Ancestry.com

For the Labor Day weekend, through Sept 6, ancestry.com is allowing free search of their immigration record collection. I had to sign up for a free account, but it's all there. No credit card required.
by donnawright
31 Aug 2010, 16:50
Topic: Looking for info on Prato
Replies: 40
Views: 23536

Re: Looking for info on Prato

Sheffield..... Sheffield is another term associated with Aliquippa. There are all kinds of Sheffields ... Sheffield Terrace (a housing area), Sheffield Avenue, and probably others. Wonder if Sheffield was a town later merged with Aliquippa like Woodlawn was. Is it possible that Prato became Pratte?
by donnawright
31 Aug 2010, 07:24
Topic: Looking for info on Prato
Replies: 40
Views: 23536

Re: Looking for info on Prato

I'm from Beaver County in Pennsylvania originally. In case you need to know, here's a little history. Aliquippa - in 1928 - merged with a much larger town nearby named Woodlawn. The name of the new town became Aliquippa.

Donna
by donnawright
19 Aug 2010, 15:29
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: update Italian Civil Records at ancestry. com
Replies: 24
Views: 36324

Re: update Italian Civil Records at ancestry. com

Thank you! I don't know who all these people are, but looks like I have some work to do. I'm not only trying to find more about the ancestors but hope to use the data from the ancestors to match up with Biagianti living in Italy today.

Donna
by donnawright
19 Aug 2010, 14:31

Suanj, Thank you. I see a little problem with your answer to me. The surname is BIAGIANTI..... not BAGIANTI. If you have time, please take another look. Just a little background. Scheda Individuale from Montepuliano says my great grandfather Giuseppe Biagianti was born in Sorano in 1860. His father ...
by donnawright
19 Aug 2010, 06:39

I am interested in "Biagianti" in Tuscany. Any Biagianti. If you have to specify towns within Toscana, it is possibly going to be Montepulciano and Asinalunga. I have some information about relatives with this surname, but pretty much the ancestry and the living relatives is still very muc...
by donnawright
06 Aug 2010, 04:19
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Birth Record Help
Replies: 6
Views: 3091

Re: Birth Record Help

Thanks Peg and Tessa. I am attempting to attach the original file without any editing. Perhaps that's the best way. Tessa, I did upload to imageshack and did the direct link code, and the image is still small. I don't know why...must be related somehow to how I am saving it. I snapped it off a tif f...
by donnawright
06 Aug 2010, 01:03
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Birth Record Help
Replies: 6
Views: 3091

Birth Record Help

Here's what I see. Please help identify the missing pieces. My problems are in the second half... about the mother. 1. Father: Francesco Mazza. The rest is all about the bottom half... bambina 1. Nata da L_________________ 2. Line under #2 above. Anni_____________ 3. e da I think it says Angela Gall...
by donnawright
04 Aug 2010, 14:02
Topic: Has anyone ever heard this expression?
Replies: 94
Views: 98500

Re: Has anyone ever heard this expression?

My mother's people are also from Catanzaro -- Pianopoli. Yours?
by donnawright
04 Aug 2010, 04:56

My mother is the one who used to say it. She was one of 6....3 born in Calabria and 3 in USA. She was born USA. I heard her mother say it, and she also said it. My dad's people came from Grosseto/Tuscany, and I never heard it from any of them. I sort of think Jamoke referred to calling someone a jac...
by donnawright
04 Aug 2010, 04:19

Funny... Jamoke and caca were both used in my house. Jamoke was not flattering in any way, and caca referred to poopies.
by donnawright
09 Jun 2010, 20:05
Topic: 3200+ Family History Center films for Tuscany
Replies: 0
Views: 1904

3200+ Family History Center films for Tuscany

Toscana (Italia : Regione). Ufficio dello stato civile 1745-1865 --- 3200+ films! http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=authordetails&authorno=246001&name=Toscana++%28Italia++%3A++Regione%29%2E++Ufficio++dello++stato++civile%2C+null&columns=*,0,...
by donnawright
09 Jun 2010, 15:00
Topic: Funeral Rites
Replies: 19
Views: 22456

Re: Funeral Rites

The link isn't working for me. I'd like to read this, however.