Search found 252 matches

by donnawright
28 Feb 2011, 01:25
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family Software version 2010
Replies: 3
Views: 3128

Family Software version 2010

I checked my first post, and when I clicked on my subject, I was directed to ancestry.com.... didn't intend that. I have my first genealogy software, FTM 2010, and I cannot find anywhere the ancestral file number, PIN, personal identification, or whatever name might be assigned to a new individual b...
by donnawright
18 Jan 2011, 15:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Contadino/Farmer?
Replies: 5
Views: 2300

Re: Contadino/Farmer?

That's a really nice reply, Anne. Thanks. I enjoyed it
by donnawright
15 Jan 2011, 14:26
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Italian / English Dictionary
Replies: 1
Views: 1080

Italian / English Dictionary

I need an Italian/English dictionary. Is there a recommendation from someone who really likes theirs? I speak no Italian. I want to be able to look up an Italian word and see its English equivalent and vice versa. I have used the online dictionaries, but I still like a BOOK I can touch and browse th...
by donnawright
27 Dec 2010, 08:23
Topic: Help from someone with access to ancestry.com
Replies: 6
Views: 4708

Re: Help from someone with access to

Cathy Green - we are definitely talking about the same family! Can we communicate further? I haven't put too much effort into this part of the family history yet. It is my mother's sister who married into the Gerace family. I will pm my email address and perhaps we can share more. Thank you for maki...
by donnawright
06 Dec 2010, 09:43
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Immigration visa number helpful for research?
Replies: 3
Views: 2170

Re: Immigration visa number helpful for research?

My grandmother's manifest shows visa numbers as well. It has been awhile since I inquired in Italy, so I have to think about it more and look for my question/answer.... but, I was told that the visa numbers will do no good, that the actual applications were not kept. There's a thread about this topi...
by donnawright
17 Nov 2010, 15:12
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: best way to research Italian military history?
Replies: 27
Views: 16431

Re: best way to research Italian military history?

I started writing to Sorano about a year ago, followed up with another letter after a couple of months and probably one or two more follow up letters. Then I found the Italian famous professor and thought his influence would get the job done. I was back in touch with the professor about 2 months ago...
by donnawright
17 Nov 2010, 14:27

How did you finally find Francesco Paolo Bruno?
by donnawright
17 Nov 2010, 14:25

Here's what I provided: 1. Letter written in Italian by an Italian. I wrote it in English based on the guidelines found on this forum and a young woman in Italy translated it; 2. Envelope addressed to me with Italian postage on it for 2 euros; 3. Correct names and dates of birth; (4) there is a prof...
by donnawright
17 Nov 2010, 13:29

Thanks, I will request both records since I know their place and year of birth. I am interested in knowing if they had a part in Italian military history and what was happening in Italy at the time of their service. I have been unsuccessful in getting any civil records from the comune of Sorano. The...
by donnawright
17 Nov 2010, 12:53

Riccardo, I posted this question earlier and Nuccia suggested giving it to you. My grandfather (1883) was born in Sorano and so was his father (1860). I know the names of my grandfather's parents but only the father of the 1860 person. I sent an email to the provincial office in Grosseto and their r...
by donnawright
04 Nov 2010, 08:41
Topic: Italian Military Records
Replies: 8
Views: 3294

Italian Military Records

I do not want to be a pest to the officials, requesting something I really don't need just for the sake of. I received a reply from the provincial archive that they will send the military record of one individual -- all others have to be done at the archive personally. I know my grandfather's place ...
by donnawright
24 Oct 2010, 02:07
Topic: Why does his name not appear on Ellis Island site?
Replies: 12
Views: 4705

Re: Why does his name not appear on Ellis Island site?

And it was on Ellis Island.... found on stevemorse.org. Indexer error...
by donnawright
24 Oct 2010, 02:05
Topic: Why does his name not appear on Ellis Island site?
Replies: 12
Views: 4705

Re: Why does his name not appear on Ellis Island site?

Here he is.... Line 12 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Ftif2gif%2Eexe%3FT%3D%5C%5C%5C%5C192%2E168%2E100%2E11%5C%5CIMAGES%5C%5CT715%2D0037%5C%5CT715%2D00370170%2ETIF%26S%3D%2E5&pID=603138010334&name=Luigi%26nbsp%3BCamso&doa=Oct+24%2C+1898&port=Nap...
by donnawright
23 Oct 2010, 17:53
Topic: Does ayone else find this emotionally draining?
Replies: 23
Views: 15305

Re: Does ayone else find this emotionally draining?

I clicked the link Squiggy. I grew up very near Ellwood City and three of my siblings and their kids are still there. Small world
by donnawright
23 Oct 2010, 17:51
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help with translation of Allegati di Matrimonio
Replies: 33
Views: 11792

Re: Need help with translation of Allegati di Matrimonio

A help to reading the names is to go to stevemorse.org, key in the town you are looking in and nothing else. It will give you a list of people from that town who immigrated through Ellis Island. You will also see strange misspellings of the names and can see how people can "lose" their rel...