Search found 43 matches

by LinJ47
09 Dec 2009, 17:48
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: A Christmas Carol (Genealogy Style)
Replies: 8
Views: 7397

Re: A Christmas Carol (Genealogy Style)

Oops, never thought about the Nebraska connection! "NE" represented North East to me as that is what my Midwestern and Western cousins call me! LOL! My family lived in the Van Nest area of the Bronx but a few months before I was born moved to Northern Bergen Co, NJ. When Mom went into labo...
by LinJ47
09 Dec 2009, 15:48

HI Peter, Interesting question! 8O No, I'm not from Nebraska although I do have lots of family in the Midwest and out West. I guess I'm a "neighbor" as I was born in Bronx, NY and have lived in NJ since I was 2 weeks old! Merry Christmas from across the Hudson! Linda @ The Jersey Shore ~~~...
by LinJ47
08 Dec 2009, 17:55

Good ones Peter!

Also include:

a Map Navigator
a Net Surfer
a Cemetery Seeker
a Family Healer
a Days of Future Passed fan!

Linda :o)
by LinJ47
08 Dec 2009, 02:27

Dear Squigy, Genealogy will always leave another rock to unturn, another chapter to read, another new family branch to discover! It is an endless search which is what of course makes this journey all the more rewarding, because like a circle, it has no end! Happy trails to you! :D Linda @ The Jersey...
by LinJ47
07 Dec 2009, 01:24
Topic: Help finding Italian Christmas CD Lou Monte
Replies: 39
Views: 27783

Re: Help finding Italian Christmas CD Lou Monte

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah Sal4! How do you say YIPPPPEEEEE! in Italian! Great news! Now go and make that special film for your loved ones and know that you are giving them a gift no money could ever buy! Buon Natale mio amico! Linda @ The Jersey Shore ~~~~~~~~
by LinJ47
06 Dec 2009, 06:10

A Christmas Carol (Genealogy Style)

A Christmas Incident 'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the charts The lines that were empty would sure break your heart. The pedigree chart was laid out with care, In hopes that St Nicholas would know who or where. As searcher I nestled all snug in my bed While visions of ancestors d...
by LinJ47
06 Dec 2009, 00:41

If that doesn't work, let's put out an "APB" to all our email lists to see if someone has this Lou Monte CD they can copy for you. You never know who might come up with something!
by LinJ47
02 Dec 2009, 04:22

Dear Sal4, Your project is a treasure! It will become a family heirloom. I hope that perhaps you will put your movie on youtube or a family website once it is done. I think we all would love to see it! You inspire us all to try a little harder to do the same for our families and future families! BRA...
by LinJ47
01 Dec 2009, 19:46

Sal4,

Great news! I hope you win that special CD! And may I make another suggestion? Once you obtain it, make multiple copies of it!

Keep us informed, this is a race to the finish!

Linda @ The Jersey Shore ~~~~~~
by LinJ47
25 Nov 2009, 17:29

Hi again sal4, Have you checked out ebay.com? Below is a link to Lou Monte items they have to offer right now. I noticed some singles for Dominick the Donkey, etc. If nothing else you can request to have it put on your wish list and they will notify you when one is being offered for auction. http://...
by LinJ47
18 Nov 2009, 03:03

Hi again Sal4, In case you can't find it at B&N or the library in time - there's a website: http://www.audiolunchbox.com/album?a=228006 It has the whole "Christmas With Lou Monte" album (Label: Tam-Tam Media) of 9 songs at 99 cents each download. I've never done it but our kids seem to...
by LinJ47
17 Nov 2009, 06:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Americanized surname
Replies: 13
Views: 11058

Re: Americanized surname

That's so funny that you mention "Tony"! My English/Scottish/German husband is a Tony but on paper he's a Charles Anthony. Throughout school the nuns especially would try to call him Charles or Charlie but never Tony! So perhaps that teacher your great uncle had was just a "pill"...
by LinJ47
17 Nov 2009, 05:12

Go to your library and see if they have the CD and make a copy of it. If they don't have a copy, ask them if they will get you one through the ILL (Inter Library Loan) Program. I have done that several times with music that's hard to get and made lots of copies for myself and my family. PS I LOVE DO...
by LinJ47
17 Nov 2009, 04:52
Topic: Americanized surname
Replies: 13
Views: 11058

Re: Americanized surname

HI Bethany, My paternal great grandfather, Ercole Garbaccio, and his brothers arrived in Boston, Mass in the 1880's. At that time there were more Irish folks in the area than Italians and quite frankly many Irish folks could not pronounce Garbaccio, so they nicknamed them "Garby". The Garb...
by LinJ47
13 Nov 2009, 15:54
Topic: D'ANNA, GARBACCIO, LATTERI, MAGRI, RIZZO, & SALANITRO
Replies: 15
Views: 18602

Re: D'ANNA, GARBACCIO, LATTERI, MAGRI, RIZZO, & SAL

Ciao, My great grandmother, Vincenza D'Anna Magri left Sicily around 1903 with her husband and children to settle in Astoria, Queens, NY. I do know that part of the goods that the D'Anna family shipped were olives and olive oil plus citrus. I guess it was when Vincenza married Baldassare Magri, who ...