Search found 190 matches

by Gina501
16 Oct 2007, 15:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Adopted children in Italy
Replies: 37
Views: 30570

Re: Adopted children in Italy

Hi Peggy. Thank you for saying that. I truly appreciate the compliment. It was my first attempt at a website and I realize it's a little primitive compared to most, but I wanted something up to get the name out. I am hoping for some recognition from Italy. You make a good point about posting the add...
by Gina501
15 Oct 2007, 22:42

Hi John. Thanks for the info. I guess I'm not in luck. He was never reclaimed by his parents and there are records of entry into the foundling home. I have his record but unfortunately no names are recorded, as I was told would be the case. Only clue was that the address was listed of the house he w...
by Gina501
15 Oct 2007, 22:36
Topic: Brambilla/Rovati famiglia
Replies: 0
Views: 3242

Brambilla/Rovati famiglia

Sto cercando discendenti di Amalia Brambilla e Giuseppe Rovati da Pavia, Lombardia (non so se sono nati e sposati in Pavia, ma Amalia era in pavia negli anni 1880). Amalia Brambilla era anata nel 1828 e Giuseppe era nato nello stesso periodo. Erano marito e moglie. Non conosco nessun altra informazi...
by Gina501
15 Oct 2007, 22:34
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: grateful for translation help
Replies: 2
Views: 4542

Re: grateful for translation help

Thank you so much wishyou for the translation. I truly appreciate your help. I know it's a long shot but I have to give it every opporutnity I can think of.
by Gina501
15 Oct 2007, 16:14
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: grateful for translation help
Replies: 2
Views: 4542

grateful for translation help

I would be grateful if someone could translate this for me. I have posted it in English but need to post it in Italian also. Thank you! I am looking for ancestors of Amalia Brambilla and Giuseppe Rovati from Pavia, Lombardia. (I do not know if they were born and married in Pavia, but Amalia was in P...
by Gina501
15 Oct 2007, 16:01
Topic: Ancestors of Brambilla/Rovati
Replies: 9
Views: 8011

Re: Ancestors of Brambilla/Rovati

That's a BIG help. I will write to them instead. Thanks! I am still hoping a relative will see this and contact me. Perhaps I should write it in Italian too?
by Gina501
15 Oct 2007, 15:49

Thanks Elizabeth. I might contact the relatives in the US, but I am really looking for ancestors of Amalia and Giuseppe that stayed behind in Italy and never came to the US. Those are the relatives that can help me. I don't think the ones that came here would know details. But I'll give it a shot an...
by Gina501
15 Oct 2007, 15:28

Hi Elizabeth. Thank you so much for looking. Unfortunately I do not know anything else than what I listed. I am hoping to connect with some relatives that may be able to fill in some blanks for me. I'm sorry I can't be any more help than that.
by Gina501
15 Oct 2007, 15:00

Ancestors of Brambilla/Rovati

I am looking for ancestors of Amalia Brambilla and Giuseppe Rovati from Pavia, Lombardia. (I do not know if they were born and married in Pavia, but Amalia was in Pavia during the 1880s). Amalia Brambilla was born in 1828 and Giuseppe was born in the same time frame. They were husband and wife. I do...
by Gina501
15 Oct 2007, 14:48

Does anyone else know what a "stateless" person is? I am wondering if this is something else I need to look into.
by Gina501
12 Oct 2007, 22:08
Topic: Travelling from USA back to Italy
Replies: 12
Views: 7209

Re: Travelling from USA back to Italy

You know, Emmy, the same thought has crossed my mind several times. That would be a hoot if you found yourself related.
by Gina501
11 Oct 2007, 18:01

I'm sorry, I don't know what that means?
by Gina501
11 Oct 2007, 14:19

I'm sorry...I should have written that my great grandfather was Ignazio Carmeloni (became Carmeloni Ignazio when he came to America) and he was born in Pavia in Lombardia.
by Gina501
10 Oct 2007, 20:52

Adopted children in Italy

I am wondering if anyone out there has had any luck with this. My great grandfather was a foundling. Until recently the family had no idea about his past at all. I was able to find out that his name was inverted upon entering Ellis Island. I also was able to find his actual birth record and the actu...
by Gina501
22 Aug 2007, 20:53
Topic: Grandfather's Naturalization Record
Replies: 23
Views: 14943

Re: Grandfather's Naturalization Record

Good luck - I'm very happy and excited for you. Keep me posted.