Search found 23 matches

by mcherry
25 Jul 2006, 01:19
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Last name changed "Cherry"
Replies: 66
Views: 54254

Re: Last name changed "Cherry"

Okay some new information. I spoke to my Aunt(by marriage) and she said my Grandfather Anthony Cherry had four brothers: Frank, Peter, Phillip and Joseph. I think, hope, this might help. You folks are wonderful!!! Michael
by mcherry
24 Jul 2006, 21:16

Ceraso or Ciraso sounds right mayby Cerasco . I always heard it pronounced CH ER AH SO I "think" there was a relative. Phillip The story was that my Grandfather was born in the U.S. abt 1902 and that as a baby he went back to Italy with his parents and later came back without his parents, ...
by mcherry
24 Jul 2006, 19:22

You guys were busy!! Levering street is correct in Philadelphia. This is where my father grew up. and I do remember my father saying his uncle, ? Cosmo? or Frank was a shoemaker.
by mcherry
22 Jul 2006, 02:07

I'll have to check with some relatives on other sibling names. My Father was actually born in West Manayunk at a home of his aunt, in Montgomery County Just across the Schuylkill River. thank You!!
by mcherry
22 Jul 2006, 01:40

You all are to cool. I can see where this can get addicting. My Grandfater, anthony Cherry was born in the U.S . His parents, My Great grand parents returned to Italy, and I think with my Grandfather. Then sent him back to the U.S with other relatives when he was 4 or 5, and they stayed back in Ital...
by mcherry
21 Jul 2006, 23:55

wldspirit, Wow that was fast. Thank You. You have the correct record for my father and grandparents alright. What does, ""Parents' birthplace: View Image"" mean is there a scanned image of the cencus page? I guess there is no information on anthony Cherry's parents then. Also My ...
by mcherry
21 Jul 2006, 23:41

Okay, here is some more info. I was told the pronounciation was something like (Cherr "ah" so) Cherraso My grand father's parents came to the U.S, my grandfather was born, and when he was 4 or 5 they went back to Italy. My grandfater stayed with older siblings. Hi name was Anthony Cherry a...
by mcherry
21 Jul 2006, 22:10

Last name changed "Cherry"

hello all, Here's what I know. From between Naples and Rome, to Philadelphia around 1895. I would like an idea of what the last name Cherry may have been, considering the region. Thanks for any help!!