Search found 54 matches

by adifresco
03 Nov 2007, 13:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Obtaining records from Italy
Replies: 17
Views: 13984

Re: Obtaining records from Italy

Well thanks for the help everyone... I guess I'll be requesting a birth certificate from Frisa soon.
by adifresco
03 Nov 2007, 04:43
Topic: Surname Perazzo?
Replies: 21
Views: 15379

Re: Surname Perazzo?

Does Sabina have a brother named Francesco (Frank), a sister named Teresa (Tessie) and her mother's name is Giovanna Bianco Perazzo? If so, then I think you have the correct family. I can't really confirm that in any way. All I have outside of these possible records is the name Sabina Perazzo. My d...
by adifresco
03 Nov 2007, 04:26

What was Giovanna's husbands name? That is one thing I'm unsure about... I haven't been able to find a record of him at all. I'm still not completely convinced that this is my family. Simply because I have several legitimate sources that say Sabina was born in New York. The naturalization records f...
by adifresco
03 Nov 2007, 03:23

Did Sabina go by any of these names? Dates married. If you can pick the name we can match it to a DiFresco for same year Perazzo women married New York Perazzo Carmina Feb 4 1934 2102 Kings P620 Perazzo Jenny Nov 6 1903 8944 Kings P620 Perazzo Marie D Sep 25 1933 13528 Kings P620 Perazzo Theresa Ju...
by adifresco
03 Nov 2007, 02:34

Possibly in prison? That's the only other thing I can think of.
by adifresco
03 Nov 2007, 02:23

Children's ages are right for the 2nd trip. She leaves her brother, Pasquale in Italy. Husband can't be dead because he paid the passage. Where is he? Exactly... I have found no record of him ever immigrating or even his name. I'm not sure why he wouldn't join his wife, children, and parents in the...
by adifresco
03 Nov 2007, 01:42

Ok, I'm going to bet that the fathers first name was actually Alessandro or Alessando. I believe the capital F is actually capital Y and if the transcriber looks like he/she used an apostrophe before the last few letters. So pronounce the Y as in Yah, you have Ylasindo/Ylasi'ndo. Hmmm that's very i...
by adifresco
03 Nov 2007, 01:35

Here's a 1907 Manifest and here's a 1913 Manifest . I really am not sure if that's the right family. Unfortunately I don't have the census links because I'm no longer a member of ancestry.com but I do have info from them: 1910 US Census 18th Ward, Brooklyn, Kings, NY 82 Debevoise Ave Frank PERAZZO, ...
by adifresco
03 Nov 2007, 00:51

manifest definitely lists place of birth as Frisa. and also gives his father's name. It is difficult to read, looks like Florindo.( Anybody, jump in here. Some eyes are probably better that mine) Yes, I've struggled with this for a while and haven't been able to come to any conclusion. Could be Fla...
by adifresco
03 Nov 2007, 00:02

Forgot to add, her husband's naturalization records list her birth as June 1904 in New York.
by adifresco
02 Nov 2007, 23:59

Chieti is a province in the Abruzzi region of Italy. Frisa is a town in Chieti. Here is a link for information about Frisa. http://en.comuni-italiani.it/069/037/index.html The FHC has the civil records for Frisa from 1809 to 1860 . Here is the link. http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalo...
by adifresco
02 Nov 2007, 23:57

Personally, I would give credence to naturalization papers over most other documents because I assume (yes, I don't really know for certain) that people had to provide hard documentation such as birth certificates, passports, etc, in order to apply for citizenship. Perhaps someone can confirm that ...
by adifresco
02 Nov 2007, 23:40

Surname Perazzo?

I'm trying to find more information about my great-grandmother Sabina DiFresco (maiden name Perazzo), and from what I've gathered, she was born in the U.S. from Italian parents. (That's what my father told me and what it lists on her husband's naturalization records) However, I'm uncertain about her...
by adifresco
02 Nov 2007, 23:23

Obtaining records from Italy

I recently received my great-grandfather's naturalization records from the National Archives in New York. His name was Giovanni DiFresco and he was born September 28, 1895 in Chieti, Italy. He immigrated on April 26, 1912 on the SS Prinzess Irene. He filed for U.S citizenship on February 27, 1933. I...
by adifresco
06 Jan 2007, 18:50
Topic: DiFresco
Replies: 20
Views: 14895

Re: DiFresco

Thanks for all the help. I'll definitely be requesting the death certificate as well as the naturalization record. Then hopefully I'll know the town for sure and can request a birth certificate.