Search found 51 matches

by HughTornabene
17 Jul 2010, 03:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Catania, Sicilia.
Replies: 11
Views: 8796

Re: Catania, Sicilia.

That Inscription on the floor in the chapel is so comforting to me.
It makes information drawn from documents real.
Angelo, who established the Sepulcher, is the GGGGfather of Ludovico, who refurbished it after the earthquake.
What is new for me is the date 1551, a year during the life of Angelo.
by HughTornabene
10 Apr 2010, 17:37
Topic: Milazzo family in Palermo
Replies: 51
Views: 29966

Re: Milazzo family in Palermo

OK Anthony, But lets look at the reality. I wanted a marriage transcription from about 1850, I was desperate. So I copied a form letter (I don't speak Italian) and sent it with some money. Don't ask me what money, I forget, probably about $20 worth of Euros. They sent me the correct transcription an...
by HughTornabene
10 Apr 2010, 13:12

Hey, wait a minute now Bmilazzo (what IS your name anyway), I think that Anthony Alioto is telling you that you might be a Sicilian Land Baron in Trapani. What fun, so there may be gold at the end of your genealogical rainbow. I know that my own family owned the Tonnara in Avola a couple of centurie...
by HughTornabene
10 Apr 2010, 12:36

hello bmilazzo, this is quite a busy message board I see, with multiple conversations. I see now that master pink 67 (who is either playing baseball or using a jackhammer) had already listed those four children I told you about. But to answer your question. Short answer: The information will be exac...
by HughTornabene
09 Apr 2010, 23:03

I would agree concerning the marriage. The Palermo City marriage Index for 1884 has to be pretty accurate. For the other two births, and maybe more, there is the Births Index for 1886 to 1895. It would be on one specific film of the Mormons. Costing you $5.50 to rent for a month. You could check for...
by HughTornabene
09 Apr 2010, 16:12

Maybe you already found them for yourself, but I notice on my Births in the City of Palermo 1896 to 1905 data-base, there are named 4 children with parent names Lorenzo Milazzo and Giuseppa Sorrentino Milazzo, Carmela, Lorenzo, Sorrentino Giuseppa, 7, 08, 1897, uf., 363, 2898 Milazzo, M. Concetta, L...
by HughTornabene
04 Mar 2010, 05:11
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Riveli records
Replies: 13
Views: 17835

Re: Riveli records

The Gods are smiling on me.

http://www.ricercagenealogica.it/riveli ... ia3_en.htm

That is the place that Riveli are listed.
and for me, even better, Messina has a Riveli in 1681. All I gotta do now is find it.

Hugh
by HughTornabene
04 Mar 2010, 04:50
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Riveli records
Replies: 13
Views: 17835

Re: Riveli records

Great Source of information about Riveli. Thank you. The Mormons have been freshly labeling those films marked "communi Varii" Most have been done, they tell me. So to see the re-labeling, check your city of choice again, more Riveli might have shown up. What I am trying to find again, is ...
by HughTornabene
19 Nov 2009, 20:49
Topic: INDICE delle NASCITE, Citta di Palermo
Replies: 17
Views: 13730

Re: INDICE delle NASCITE, Citta di Palermo

I enjoy the messages of appreciation that I see here. Thank you. A message from Palermo, ecstacy, thank you Nazca. I have my fingers crossed, waiting for a response from Catania. In Catania there is a Tornabene chapel, in the parish church of Chiesa di Santa Maria di Gesù, next to the Paterno Caste...
by HughTornabene
15 Nov 2009, 15:51
Topic: Birth Records in Italy
Replies: 39
Views: 77041

Re: Birth Records in Italy

here are the Vella marriages in the city of greater Palermo for the period 1820 to 1895. they are arranged by father name so they group into families. there are a whole bucket full more for Vela. Hugh Vella Santo Andrea Lo Verde Maddalena Molo 19 novombro 1832 3 v. 111 n. 0085 La Rosa Francesca Vell...
by HughTornabene
15 Nov 2009, 05:29

For today though, I am back in harness caressing the Palermo Births database. The 4 books of the Index I am using, although almost a century old, are in such fine shape when compared with the Marriages database books which were published only about 10 years before them. I have fixed the AI programmi...
by HughTornabene
15 Nov 2009, 04:04

Thank you Peter. He actually just might relate to the inquiry. I think that this is the Priest Francesco Tornabene (about 1813-1897) who was a Benedictine friar and founded the Botanical Gardens in Catania. To whom I would just love to be related. He is just the kind of man that could be buried or m...
by HughTornabene
15 Nov 2009, 01:14

Great Leads Michael, thank you.

I will do some telephoning.

Hugh
by HughTornabene
14 Nov 2009, 17:54
Topic: Troia family from Palermo, Sicily
Replies: 40
Views: 54058

Re: Troia family from Palermo, Sicily

Hi Frank, I pulled the Troia listings from my websites, which hold similar listings for any family name from Palermo during most of the 19th century. The original Indexes are kept in printed books (maybe 50 of them in the set, each book the size of a phone book) A set kept in each of two places I kn...
by HughTornabene
14 Nov 2009, 00:50

Thank you James for the advice.

Those are the tracks I am on.

I just plunked down another $55 for another 10 films.

I am not doing all 1,500 though

Hugh