Search found 7 matches

by djstan
07 Feb 2007, 17:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Staniscia surname
Replies: 7
Views: 6607

Re: Staniscia surname

Thanks! I've already found this, and while it's not my Irineo Staniscia (mine was born in 1878 and immigrated to the USA in 1901), I feel it may be a relative, perhaps the son of a brother of my Irineo who stayed in Italy and named his son in memory of his brother who left? :wink: I know, it's wishf...
by djstan
07 Feb 2007, 12:05
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Acquaviva?
Replies: 10
Views: 9199

Re: Acquaviva?

jcsm, Yes, the posted records are for my husband's family. "Son Chiarina" is actually a daughter who was called Clara here in the US, and Irineo, or "Frank" here in the US, was 23 when he came over, not 33, and his wfe's maiden name, "Valente", was listed on the ships m...
by djstan
07 Feb 2007, 01:07

I've copied the list, so you can delete it now. You've been such a big help to me, I don't want to risk losing you. :lol: :wink:

Thanks again for your help! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

djstan
by djstan
06 Feb 2007, 23:56

Thank you. I do have the ship's manifest and the WWI and WWII Draft cards, as well as 1910, 1920, and 1930 censuses. I believe I've found everything that I can on Ancestry.com and the Ellis Island site, so I guess the next step is trying to get records from Italy.
by djstan
06 Feb 2007, 21:58

Thank you so much. There is a FHC about 3 minutes from my home, so I'll go tomorrow and order the films. Maybe you can help me also with my husband's mother's side. Her parents were Achille Santacroce and Assunta D'Urso from Formia. Achille immigrated to Philadelphia in 1900, and Assunta followed hi...
by djstan
06 Feb 2007, 20:47

Acquaviva?

I am doing research on my husband's family. I found his paternal grandparent's immigration papers, which say their last residence in Italy was Acquaviva. My husband's father, who was born in the U.S. and passed away in 1992, always said they were from Abruzzo area. I have found several Acquaviva's i...
by djstan
06 Feb 2007, 20:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Staniscia surname
Replies: 7
Views: 6607

Staniscia surname

I am trying to find information for my husband. His paternal grandfather was Irineo Staniscia. Family stories say he was from the Abruzzo area. His immigration records say he came to America from Acquaviva. Can any one give me any information about this surname? Is it common to any one area, or is i...