Search found 47 matches

by italy50
11 Feb 2006, 07:20
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Letter of recognition??? for Italian citizenship?
Replies: 0
Views: 3117

Letter of recognition??? for Italian citizenship?

I am confused on the different responces I see on forums about the recognition of Italian citizenship. Some people say they receive a "letter of recognition" from theiir Consulate Some people say they received a "package and letter" Some say they received their 'certificate of ci...
by italy50
10 Feb 2006, 09:21
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: why did so many Italians leave their country?
Replies: 33
Views: 51469

Re: why did so many Italians leave their country?

How ironic that millions of Italians left Italy to work and live in America, and now, the descendants of these ancestors seem to be returning, thanks to the 1992 Italian law jure sanguinis, almost a 100 years to the day. the consulates are packed with those wanting to leave for whatever reason. The ...
by italy50
09 Feb 2006, 08:22
Topic: help with difficult situation and protocol
Replies: 0
Views: 2564

help with difficult situation and protocol

I have a neighbor, elderly man, who has been going through the Chicago consulate, since about this time last year. here is the problem: This man was born and raised in New York City, and almost all his family resides there. He moved to Florida in 1970, where he married a woman about 1973. However, t...
by italy50
05 Feb 2006, 05:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: I've now waited a year for my dual citizenship...
Replies: 7
Views: 6315

Re: I've now waited a year for my dual citizenship...

Yes, it is frustrating. i don`t know if the Stato Civile office in the commune would process and record all the documents or not. However, There is a website called "expattalk.com", where people have gone through the process just as we are. I don`t know if any of them have gone through the...
by italy50
04 Feb 2006, 10:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: I've now waited a year for my dual citizenship...
Replies: 7
Views: 6315

Re: I've now waited a year for my dual citizenship...

John, I am going through the same Consulate (Chicago) as you, and still waiting. However, I did speak with the consular official on January 18, and he told me that there is a "protocol" between the Miami Consulate and the comune in Italy. I only asked him if all my documents were in order ...
by italy50
03 Feb 2006, 22:35
Topic: Italian passport
Replies: 13
Views: 12077

Re: Italian passport

Blessed for never having met you? LOL.. Very funny You don`t have to speak Italian for the process, but it would help if you picked up a few words and phrases, to try and communicate for your trip to Italy. If you have time in the evening or in your spare time, there is a "self taught" boo...
by italy50
03 Feb 2006, 22:12

You don`t have to live in Italy to have citizenship. You could live and work in the US or anywhere in the European Union for that matter, like France, Spain, London, or Sweden, or any of the 20 something member countries. What is great, is that you could travel through all these countries and stay a...
by italy50
03 Feb 2006, 03:44

Shanna, not seeking citizenship? :( You may get the "Italian bug" if you visit your ancestors town in Italy. You may fall in love with the town, with Italy, and maybe with a man who lives there, and you can live happily ever after? You may want to consider getting italian citizenship, whet...
by italy50
03 Feb 2006, 03:25

Shanna, you didn`t say whether your grandfather changed his name "legally" or simply used another name. Are you seeking Italian citizenship? Also, I am presuming your father was born as Petrella? If your grandfather was born as pedro and changed it legally, than no problem, because you can...
by italy50
03 Feb 2006, 03:04
Topic: Americans leaving the US?
Replies: 1
Views: 4501

Americans leaving the US?

I started my quest for Italian citizenship in September 2003, by first doing research. Then, as of February 2004, I started gathering the necesary documents. I asked the Consulate (Chicago), at the end of 2003, if there were many more applicants ahead of me, or if I would be processed right away, on...
by italy50
03 Feb 2006, 01:38
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with name on birth act.
Replies: 5
Views: 6341

Re: Help with name on birth act.

Va Deb, i didn`t say it was a mothers name, but merely said it 'looks like" However, there have been many Italians whose name (either first or last) was derived from Occupations. Secondly, that name could also be Giuliana Felitrice or Giuliana Felitrina his legitmate wife. If that is not a name...
by italy50
03 Feb 2006, 01:15
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with name on birth act.
Replies: 5
Views: 6341

Re: Help with name on birth act.

Nice dream, I will give my opinion, but please don`t take it as "fact". It looks to me like it says Filatrice or Filatrina Giuliano his legitimate wife. There are others on here who have more experience than myself, and may have a different opinion
by italy50
01 Feb 2006, 08:39
Topic: Valle dell'Angelo
Replies: 44
Views: 85646

Re: Valle dell'Angelo

I am surprised to see the town of Valle dell`Angelo on here. The name that struck me the most is "Capozzoli". This name also extends into my family`s town of Castel San Lorenzo, which is probably about 20 kilometers west of Valle Dell`Angelo (approximately). Other names are Bruno, Passaro,...
by italy50
31 Jan 2006, 02:40
Topic: Italian birth record for citizenship jure sanguinis
Views: 7889

Re: Italian birth record for citizenship jure sanguinis

If you look at several websites of the Consulates, they usually give a list of required documents. I believe it was the Consulate in Miami, that told my brother (who lives in the jurisdiction of Miami), that the required documents depends on the Consulate, and some are more strict As for the transla...
by italy50
31 Jan 2006, 01:46
Topic: Italian birth record for citizenship jure sanguinis
Views: 7889

Re: Italian birth record for citizenship jure sanguinis

Yes, being in Harrisburg is convenient. You have one advantage that you may not be aware of. The Philly Consulate may have less requirements than the one in Chicago or Miami. For example, Chicago may require a grandmothers birth certificate, whereas Philly may not. In other words, some Consulates ma...