Search found 11 matches

by michelle_m
27 Jan 2011, 09:40
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Looking for info on Manzione family from Contursi
Replies: 16
Views: 10806

Re: Looking for info on Manzione family from Contursi

awesome! we're not too far apart, then. which of my cousins is your parent?? and what's your name? i'm sure i've heard it before. sadly, i haven't seen any of their kids since they (you) were babies, but we were all relatively close growing up and your uncle joe is my older cousin. i have not seen a...
by michelle_m
06 Jan 2011, 22:48

yes, i did get to see those old pictures of my grandmother, which were great. i had never seen her so young before, so it was really cool. she was such a great person, and i have yet to taste sauce that even comes close! :) yes, my cousin started that tree, and it's for the sarlo side of things (her...
by michelle_m
06 Jan 2011, 22:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Ernest Montavon from Salerno, born @1888?
Replies: 7
Views: 2176

Re: Ernest Montavon from Salerno, born @1888?

very cool! and that is one of the most common ways my last name is misspelled, even today! hahaha. i am really hoping that i am able to find his parents names and that it takes me even further... my father never knew them, and i am thinking if it's true my ggrandfather was a professor in salerno, th...
by michelle_m
06 Jan 2011, 00:12

thanks very much for your help... you guys are wonderful! :)
by michelle_m
06 Jan 2011, 00:05

yes, valerie, this is him!! there are some documents that list his year of birth as 1892, and others that say 1888. i have several original papers from my father, and it actually looks like HE changed the dates from 1888 to 1892 for whatever reason. thank you very much, it's worth $27 to find his pa...
by michelle_m
05 Jan 2011, 22:53

Ernest Montavon from Salerno, born @1888?

hello! i have not been able to find any real information about my grandfather, Ernest Montavon, who allegedly was born in Lucerne, Switzerland but grew up in Salerno Italy. i am specifically interested in his mother and father's name, and the rumor is that his father (my great-grandfather) was a pro...
by michelle_m
05 Jan 2011, 22:43

haha-- i bit the bullet and joined ancestry for 3 months... i wish there was more info on there, but so far, not too much other than what you had already told me... i will keep looking! if anyone can tell me who Savaria Forlenza's parents were, or Giovanni Manzione's parents, that would be fantastic...
by michelle_m
28 Dec 2010, 12:10

omg, mj! this is the very first time i have ever seen my great-grandmother and father's names... somehow, thank you doesn't really cut it! :) i apologize for the late reply, i actually got the flu right before the holidays and am only really coming out of it now. i have not seen that tree on acestry...
by michelle_m
22 Dec 2010, 03:06

i talked to my dad, he said her first husband was pasquale sarlo. he also said that she came over to the US in the late 20s, early 30s. i don't know if pasquale sarlo had already passed... i know my grandfather grew up in salerno, which is close to contursi, so i suppose it is a possibility. he does...
by michelle_m
21 Dec 2010, 06:13

hello!! i am actually just getting started with this... just began digging this week. my grandmother was born in contursi, but i am not sure what year she came to the US. i will try to ask my father and see if he can tell me, as well as any siblings/parents names. she was married to a man with the l...
by michelle_m
21 Dec 2010, 02:41

Looking for info on Manzione family from Contursi

hi there, i am looking for any information on the Manzione family from Contursi. My grandmother was Vincenza Manzione and was born in 1909. My father knows very little about her family, and i would love to be able to learn more about them, as well as help HIM learn more. any info would be greatly ap...