Search found 19 matches

by jamurp01
07 Mar 2010, 20:29
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Alien registration card
Replies: 51
Views: 25654

Re: Alien registration card

hmm... im seriously wondering if my citizenship isn't going to go thru... simply because another individual is having a VERY similar experience at the Boston Consulate (he's been posting on Expats) he cannot locate the ARC; even though he has about 10 other documents certifying no naturalization... ...
by jamurp01
06 Mar 2010, 21:16

Positive- I have the death certificate (certified and apostilled)

I've scanned thru both footnote and also ancestry, and can't find anything on him other than the 1930 census... so weird?! Is it possible that the death certificate is wrong- even if it's certified???
by jamurp01
06 Mar 2010, 18:35

Are alien registration number assigned by order of application? I was thinking that logically my GGF's alien number would either be the one before or after the number "4735504" (My great grandmother's number.) Is there anyway to do a reverse lookup on an alien registration number or card n...
by jamurp01
06 Mar 2010, 18:24

I still wonder if it's possible that he never naturalized and never filed for an alien registration card; has anyone ever encountered this same issue? I did write to the New Hampshire State Archives to see if they can locate anything as well! Perhaps NARA will locate something this week... i am keep...
by jamurp01
06 Mar 2010, 08:56

Wow thanks Johnny (sorry for the long reply, passed right out from all this stress!) Well the gossip through the generations is that Antonino was "possibly" married in the same Sicilian town before he got together with Grazia... my grandmother and her sisters were "tight-lipped about&...
by jamurp01
05 Mar 2010, 20:53

You certainly are right, she definitely naturalized! In fact, i looked back onto the manifest and she did have the numbers by her name, but Antonio doesnt!

What information does the naturalization record share? Would it also be able to tell me if her husband naturalized?
by jamurp01
05 Mar 2010, 18:30

I just talked to my father; that was my GGM's address... I just referenced her SSN- and on that registration her birthdate is correct. My parents believe that if she applied for citizenship, then Antonino Russo must have also applied (that they would only do it together) UNLESS they were trying to g...
by jamurp01
05 Mar 2010, 17:45

The actual year is off by two years, but the month and date are identical- she lived much longer than my grandfather, although she spoke only italian up to her death; My GGF was alive on that date of application for her ARC... is it possible to research ARC by submission date? thank you again and gr...
by jamurp01
05 Mar 2010, 17:38

thats her! well, almost pos- I will check my other records.....

What can I do with this- is there any way to use it to find Antonino Russo?

THANK YOU SO MUCH (even if i can't use this for my citizenship, its still a very amazing this to have)
by jamurp01
05 Mar 2010, 16:52

hmm... if it's local then, its not him? Thank you though Johnny for all of your help, i really appreciate it
by jamurp01
05 Mar 2010, 16:41

The only thing I have on this Antonino Russo is his birthdate (06/18/1870) and his alien reg no. the file series AR-2 form A-3835785. The line below that on the index request lists an A-File series, same number (A-3835785) then says "FCO: New York, NY" no dates... if the FCO is referring t...
by jamurp01
05 Mar 2010, 16:29

i've dealt with USCIS previously, and ultimately ended up having a state representative to contact them personally to receive a "certificate of non-existence" and that experience took me over eight months....
by jamurp01
05 Mar 2010, 16:27

oops i got it, sorry for the stupid previous post...

but, is it possible for an index request to be wrong? There is not one that showed up from my previous index request form... only someone else (with a different birthdate...)
by jamurp01
05 Mar 2010, 16:23

Oh no your link doesnt work?!
by jamurp01
05 Mar 2010, 15:48

Who would I find the information regarding the Alien registration card? Should I go back to the USCIS? Do you think it's possible that they would have the wrong birthdate on file for my great grandfather or that they just didn't search well enough (I have read on this forum and others about how horr...