Search found 95 matches

by SChiarini
10 Nov 2011, 06:59
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Email from NYC consulate
Replies: 0
Views: 628

Email from NYC consulate

Hi all, I received an email from Eva Barone stating that my application was finally being processed (I handed in my final documents in July 2011). Has anyone else received this kind of email from her or the NYC consulate? "we wish to inform you that we are processing your documents. The process...
by SChiarini
10 Nov 2011, 06:56
Topic: Email from NYC consulate
Replies: 1
Views: 927

Email from NYC consulate

Hi all, I received an email from Eva Barone stating that my application was finally being processed (I handed in my final documents in July 2011). Has anyone else received this kind of email from her or the NYC consulate? "we wish to inform you that we are processing your documents. The process...
by SChiarini
06 Sep 2011, 04:44
Topic: New York Consulate
Replies: 30
Views: 9124

Re: New York Consulate

Hi Rob, just wondering who you wrote to or emailed for a status update? When I called to inquire they told me they couldn't provide information about the status of my application.
by SChiarini
28 Jul 2011, 17:41
Topic: dropping off documents - NYC
Replies: 6
Views: 1811

Re: dropping off documents - NYC

I called and asked...(even though I don't think they were too happy).
by SChiarini
28 Jul 2011, 05:42

I think It takes a few days for them to pull your file and enter the documents information in the computer. I knew my officers first and last name so I just put his name on the front, but i was told i could have just addressed it to the citizenship department.
by SChiarini
28 Jul 2011, 03:58

Hi Rgaetano, I have dropped off 2 documents at NYC. Just tell the person at the front desk you were told to drop off a document. I usually put a cover letter on the inside (if need be), then I put the document(s) in a big brown envelope (sealed). I put on the front who it was from, the date, and who...
by SChiarini
22 Jul 2011, 17:20
Topic: NYC journey so far....
Replies: 5
Views: 1471

Re: NYC journey so far....

Hi Allie! Yes, I sent it to that exact address but I did send it to his attention. I also included a letter asking him to specifically word it the way the nyC consulate requested (xxx never became a us citizen). The first letter I received from them did not list that and was not accepted by the cons...
by SChiarini
22 Jul 2011, 04:40

Just a little update. I did call the consulate and spoke to Emilio today. He told me that because I handed in another document.. my case is going to go back to the end of the line.. and I have to wait another few months...
by SChiarini
21 Jul 2011, 17:57

Thank you for your kind words Kontessa! :) I also forgot to mention Emilio did ask for my GGF no naturalization documents, USCIS, NARA and one from Kings County. He was very particular with the one from USCIS and asked for it to be changed to say " xxx never became a US citizen" It took an...
by SChiarini
21 Jul 2011, 17:32
Topic: NY Consulate stating Letter from Judge/Court Order
Replies: 2
Views: 1119

Re: NY Consulate stating Letter from Judge/Court Order

When did they contact you? Was it a letter? Also what did it say?
by SChiarini
21 Jul 2011, 07:12

NYC journey so far....

I was going to wait to post this until I heard from the consulate but I may as well share now... My first appointment was in Sept 2010 in NYC (after nearly a 1 year wait) I am going through my ggf--> gm--> f ---> me. I got there very early and was told to go have breakfast around the corner as the o...
by SChiarini
21 Jul 2011, 06:37
Views: 604

NYC journey so far....

I was going to wait to post this until I heard from the consulate but I may as well share now... My first appointment was in Sept 2010 in NYC (after nearly a 1 year wait) I am going through my ggf--> gm--> f ---> me. I got there very early and was told to go have breakfast around the corner as the o...
by SChiarini
16 Jul 2011, 02:58
Topic: Rejection Letter
Views: 700

Rejection Letter

Hi all Just wondering if anyone has ever received a rejection letter after months of waiting? More particularly I had my apt back in Sept of 2010... was told I needed to fix one document.. after months of trying I couldnt and finally handed it in as is at the end of March 2011. It has been almost 4 ...
by SChiarini
02 Jul 2011, 18:28
Topic: Document error, acceptance letter?
Replies: 3
Views: 1036

Re: Document error, acceptance letter?

Carmine, They told me at my original appointment they wanted it correct, however after months of fighting with vital records, i was told it cant be changed and needed a court order. Funny how I just went down there and presented additional documents in person to Ms. Timbers and she said it was not a...
by SChiarini
02 Jul 2011, 17:57
Topic: Document error, acceptance letter?
Replies: 3
Views: 1036

Document error, acceptance letter?

Hi all, Just wondering how your acceptance letter came, esp those who went to the NY consulate. Did it come by regular mail or UPS? It's been 3 months now. I handed in a document with a MAJOR discrepancy. I'm not sure if anyone remembers but I am going through GGF-->GM--->F The error was my GGM name...