by roselaine
12 Aug 2010, 22:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: First name: Barbato
Replies: 31
Views: 26191

Re: First name: Barbato

Hi,

Not that I can see. My Barbato Mastrandrea was married to a Giuseppa Rubano but she died in 1893. His next wife was Clementina Maglio. Have not found any children from them and he left to go back to Italy by 1909.
by roselaine
05 Aug 2010, 20:04

Good work. You can use the cert number and order his death certificate. It should have his parents names on it. Also do a marriage search under all the various names and see if anything comes up.
by roselaine
05 Aug 2010, 16:10

Here is a great website for New York research and the next one is for obtaining records...easier if you can find them in the index. http://www.italiangen.org/VRECLIST.stm http://www.nyc.gov/html/records/html/vitalrecords/home.shtml Family Search has a great new version that turns up more than the ol...
by roselaine
04 Aug 2010, 23:22

Definitely not my Barbato. Here is the other one. No Pasquale listed by 1910. 1910 United States Federal Census Barbato Mastrandrea Name: Robert Mastandrea Age in 1910: 44 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1866 Birthplace: Italy Relation to Head of House: Head Father's Birth Place: Italy Mother's Birth Plac...
by roselaine
04 Aug 2010, 21:09

Hi,

I have information on 2 Barbato Mastrandrea/Mastandreas in NY. One was married to Grazia and the other to Giuseppa.

Do you have any dates, what village he was from, name of wife, son's name?
by roselaine
12 Dec 2009, 16:53
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian stuffing for veal breast (ponsette)
Replies: 20
Views: 33761

Re: Italian stuffing for veal breast (ponsette)

We have one for turkey dressing that is like a savory bread pudding: toasted bread, milk, eggs, broth, colby cheese, sauteed onions and celery. Let me know if that sounds about right and I'll type it up and send it in. My brother makes a batch and has it for beakfast, lunch and dinner.
by roselaine
29 Oct 2009, 00:22
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: what came after ellis island
Replies: 13
Views: 9865

Re: what came after ellis island

Ellis Island.org will pop up a sign that says can only search between 1892 to 1924. I do have the ship manifest frtom Ancestry.com. Was hoping to find an actual Ellis Island record. Wonder if the later years are on microfilm anywhere???
by roselaine
15 Oct 2009, 14:54

Thanks. Unfortunately there is nothing online after 1924.
by roselaine
09 Oct 2009, 01:16
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian stuffing for veal breast (ponsette)
Replies: 20
Views: 33761

Re: Italian stuffing for veal breast (ponsette)

Here is the family recipe for stuffed peppers. The stuffing sounds like your description. STUFFED BELL PEPPERS Sauce 1 Tbsp olive oil 1 garlic clove minced 1 medium onion chopped 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley ½ tsp dried basil or 3-4 minced basil leaves Salt and pepper,...
by roselaine
07 Oct 2009, 23:07
Topic: Records at the Archdiocese of Vallo della Luciania (SA)
Replies: 35
Views: 31448

Re: Records at the Archdiocese of Vallo della Luciania (SA)

Edmondo, Please check your records for these Valle dell’Angelo ancestors: Rosaria Rubano (or Maria Rosaria) married Carmelo Minelli about 1888. Can you find who her parents may have been (possibly her father was named Francesco). Their children were: Francesco Antonio (1889) Luigi (abt 1892) Angel...
by roselaine
04 Oct 2009, 21:14

Very kind offer. I do have a membership and have the manifest. I just rechecked it and someone had typed in the wrong information after her mother's name in the Naturalization column and later wrote over it that she was married to US citizen and gave marriage date. This might have caused the mix up....
by roselaine
04 Oct 2009, 18:57

Thanks Debbie. Her memory is phenomonal so she is correct after all.
by roselaine
04 Oct 2009, 17:57

what came after ellis island

My 95 year old aunt who came to the US with her mother and siblings in 1926 (verified) insists they ended up at Ellis Island and her uncle came to get them as it was a mistake because they were US citizens through her father. But Ellis Island is shown as closed after 1924 and their names do not come...
by roselaine
04 Oct 2009, 00:35
Topic: Valle dell'Angelo
Replies: 44
Views: 85719

Re: Valle dell'Angelo

Revised with new info. My grandmother (Bn May 6, 1894) was from Valle dell'Angelo. Her parents were Rosaria Rubano and Carmello Minelli. She was the only one of 6 children to leave descendants. She married Giuseppi Mastandrea, born in the US 1889, whose father, Barbato Mastandrea (Bn 1857), was also...
by roselaine
04 Oct 2009, 00:08

My great grandfather (Bn 1857) and my uncle (Bn 1913) are named Barbato Mastandrea and are from Valle dell'Angelo. My uncle uses the name Robert in the US. There are several Barbato Mastandreas who ended up in South America.