Search found 4 matches

by kzimmerman
07 Apr 2009, 18:14
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Town: Poirevecchia, L'Aquila
Replies: 7
Views: 5101

Re: Town: Poirevecchia, L'Aquila

I have just located a website that lists the surname Marchesani, as one in the Torrevecchia Teatina area. Is that a good indication that I am on the right track? I think so. I have census that lists my grandmothers name as a child and her father's name has been changed to Louis Marchesan. I am fairl...
by kzimmerman
07 Apr 2009, 17:34

I have considered it might be Torrececchia but what about this possibility? This morning I found a town in Chieti named Porcareccia. That sounds similiar to Poirececchia, right? But the province is not a match, so I wanted to be sure. I am very new to this research and do not know about the Family H...
by kzimmerman
07 Apr 2009, 16:26

The only clues I have from the ship manifest indicates, the spelling Poirevecchia, and then in parenthesis, Aquila. The handwriting is very ornate, but it is definitely a P and not a T His occupation is given as farm labourer. I was hoping that there might be a frazioni, small village, that exists w...
by kzimmerman
07 Apr 2009, 13:31

Town: Poirevecchia, L'Aquila

I have this name from the ship manifest and I am unable to find this location.

My great grandfather's name is Luigi Marchesani. Immigrated to US in 1905, from Naples to NY.

Thank you.