Search found 16 matches

by marbil
03 Nov 2009, 23:21
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Census
Replies: 11
Views: 11413

Re: Census

You are such a wealth of information. I thank you so very much. I don't think you realize how much you help those of us who feel so "helpless" in the states.

Thanks again for your quick reply.

marbil
by marbil
03 Nov 2009, 22:54

Re: Census

Thanks for your quick reply. My great grandfather was the first to come over and he arrived 12/14/1880 with his father. Siblings came over one at a time. They lived in Ruoti. Would you know the address I would have to write to so I can get this information you spoke of? If there a fee? Do you know h...
by marbil
03 Nov 2009, 21:55

Census

Is there anything like our Federal Census in Italy. I would be interested in a census for the Potenza area from the years 1832-1900.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
marbil
by marbil
03 Nov 2009, 16:09
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Baptismal Certificate
Replies: 19
Views: 13327

Re: Baptismal Certificate

You are unbelievable. I have been struggling trying to make out this handwriting (and translation). On the last three, n.131. Would that be female? Josephine? n.68. Would that also be female? Maria Josephine? n. 118. Would that be male? Joseph Benjimin? Thanks again. Bill
by marbil
03 Nov 2009, 14:43

OK, here are my last three birth/baptism certificates. I really need the dates and names since the rest is pretty much from the form. Again, I need the info regards the certs with the parents as Antonio Scorpione and Rosa Navigato. http://FastFreeFileHosting.com/file/26152/Project5-jpg.html http://F...
by marbil
03 Nov 2009, 13:05

I honestly can't thank you enough.

I actually have three more birth/baptismal certs. Is it OK to upload them. I am interested in the dates of birth and their name. Most of the other stuff is identical on the form.

Please let me know if you have time to do it for me.

Thanks again
marbil
by marbil
01 Nov 2009, 23:51

Thank you so much Luca. Have you had a chance to look at the other two downloaded files?

Thanks
marbil
by marbil
01 Nov 2009, 20:13

liviomoreno wrote:You may scan the document and save it as an image file (extension .gif, ipg, etc.) then you upload this file to some hosting system such as imageshack or photobucket and post here the link to the image.

May I send the file as an email attachment to you?
by marbil
01 Nov 2009, 17:02

Need help with Baptisimal Records

I have 4 images for you to look at. I am only interested in the ones bearing Antonio Scorpione. http://FastFreeFileHosting.com/file/25971/Project3-jpg.html http://FastFreeFileHosting.com/file/25968/Project4-jpg.html http://FastFreeFileHosting.com/file/25969/Project1-jpg.html http://FastFreeFileHosti...
by marbil
01 Nov 2009, 11:35

Thank you so very much. I am not sure how to post the document. I have a scanner. Do I save it to a file and submit that? Thanks for your help.

marbil
by marbil
01 Nov 2009, 00:04

Baptismal Certificate

I need a translation from Latin to English. This is from a microfilm from LDS. Anno Domini 1863 die 11th Mensis Iria?? in Ecclesia Matre S. Nicolus. Ego infrascriptus (Can't read) baptizavi infantem naiam (?) die 11th ex conjugibey(?again, very poor writing) Antonio Scorpione et Rosa Navigato hujus ...
by marbil
15 Oct 2008, 13:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Navagate family in Ruoti Italy
Replies: 9
Views: 8098

Re: Navagate family in Ruoti Italy

I think my family member is now convinced that Navagate is NOT a town in Italy. It was Antonio Scorpione's wife's maiden name.

Thanks for the help.
by marbil
15 Oct 2008, 13:09
Topic: Navigato family in Ruoti Italy
Replies: 1
Views: 2844

Navigato family in Ruoti Italy

Sorry, I don't speak Italian.

I am looking for the Navigato family from Ruoti, Potenza, Italy.

My great-grandfather, Antonio Scorpione married Rosa Maria Navigato from Ruoti.

Looking for more information about the Navigato family, especially Angelo.

Thank you,

marbil
by marbil
08 Oct 2008, 13:36
Topic: Navagate family in Ruoti Italy
Replies: 9
Views: 8098

Navagate family in Ruoti Italy

I am trying to find information regarding the Navogate family coming from Ruoti. I believe a Rose Navogate (various spellings) married Antonio Scorpione in Ruoti. One family member here in the states thought Rose came from a village/town/city called Navogate. Is there such an animal? Has anybody don...
by marbil
15 Feb 2008, 18:21
Topic: Looking for Scorpione family
Replies: 4
Views: 3771

Re: Looking for Scorpione family

Dear Suanj. Yes this is the Antonio Scorpione that I am researching. I know he was married to a "Rose" and my great-grandfather Vito (Victor) arrived in the US on 14 Dec. 1880 with Antonio. Would LOVE to find baptism certificates for Vito, Josephine, Lena, Gerardo, Carmelo, and Rocco, all ...