Search found 61 matches

by angelamascia
24 Aug 2007, 15:58
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: words at end of death certifcate?
Replies: 14
Views: 14431

Re: words at end of death certifcate?

By the way widower in Italian is vedovo and not vedevo.

Thanks.
by angelamascia
06 Aug 2007, 02:09
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Weather and what to pack
Replies: 4
Views: 4908

Re: Weather and what to pack

Hello, You may want to pack some sweaters as well as some ligher items. In mid-October you can still find some mild temperatures but in the evening you will be happy to have something warmer. You may also want to check some general information on the village Pofi at http://www.comuni-italiani.it. I ...
by angelamascia
01 Aug 2007, 19:53
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: How long did it take to come over from Italy to the US?
Views: 35604

Re: How long did it take to come over from Italy to the US?

Hey Biff,

Yes, thank you for the information on the Burgundia. I was able to find most of it but at this point I'm guessing that it could have taken longer than 2 weeks to come over. Nevertheless, I don't assume it could have taken more than 1, 2 or even 3 months.

Thanks again,

Angela
by angelamascia
01 Aug 2007, 19:23

Re: How long did it take to come over from Italy to the US?

Hello Biff, I noticed that trips taken after 1900 and around the time your grandfather came over took less time, of course. Therefore, I am wondering if a trip in 1887, which is almost 20 years prior to your grandfather's trip took much longer or if the difference was insignificant, i.e. instead of ...
by angelamascia
01 Aug 2007, 18:34
Topic: Need translation of Response from Comune di Napoli
Replies: 1
Views: 3532

Re: Need translation of Response from Comune di Napoli

The office of vital records in Napoli, Italy is responding that with the received information (birth date) they were not able to locate the requested information (for the person indicated above).

I hope this helps.

Angela
by angelamascia
01 Aug 2007, 18:29
Topic: Weather and what to pack
Views: 4908

Re: Weather and what to pack

Hi Conti832,

where exactly in Lazio are you planning to travel to? May locations are higher in elevation and in October it can already be cooler. So, depending on where you are going you might have to pack both.

Angela
by angelamascia
01 Aug 2007, 18:25

How long did it take to come over from Italy to the US?

Hi Everybody, I'm trying to find out how long it took to come from Sorrento or Napoli, Italy to Ellis Island on the ship Burgundia in the year 1887. As arrival date in Ellis Island I have November 10/13th, 1887. Can someone tell me how long the trip would have taken? Many things depend on the length...
by angelamascia
31 Jul 2007, 18:54
Topic: How can I find a town road map?
Replies: 5
Views: 6262

Re: How can I find a town road map?

Hi Donna,

Have you tried to see if you can find a more detailed map with street names on Google Earth? I love the satelite mapping!

Angela
by angelamascia
28 Jul 2007, 19:28
Topic: Can you help me with my letter to Italy?
Replies: 2
Views: 4578

Re: Can you help me with my letter to Italy?

Hi sg12, Your Italian is correct with only one minor mistake. You wrote certicato instead of certificato (see below) and you might want to put 'ringraziandoVi' with a capital V like the rest of your letter. Otherwise your letter is very clear. Did you write this or did you use a translation web site...
by angelamascia
28 Jul 2007, 18:30
Topic: FIOVINONE
Replies: 5
Views: 5381

Re: FIOVINONE

Hi bbango,

I looked at all the municipalities in the province of Foggia and none of the them have any resemblance to the name of Fiovinone. A search for the town itself turned up nothing.
What is your great grandfather's name? Is his last residence shown as Troia?

Angela Mascia
by angelamascia
28 Jul 2007, 18:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Masia or Maxia in Scano di Montiferro, Oristano, Sardinia
Views: 2734

Re: Masia or Maxia in Scano di Montiferro, Oristano, Sardini

Dear MarieAntonia, You can go on www.gens.labo.net, click on 'Cognome' = surname, type your surname in the box and then you can see the density of the Masia surname in Italy, which indeed shows the highest density in the region of Sardinia. Your surname is present in 274 municipalities in Italy. You...
by angelamascia
28 Jul 2007, 17:42
Topic: Monongah Stories
Views: 2863

Re: Monongah Stories

Hello Nicholas,

I lost a family member in the Monongah mine disaster of December 6, 1907.

Send my a PM and I can give you more information. Also, is Mr. Joseph D'Andrea involved in this event?

Angela Mascia
by angelamascia
28 Jul 2007, 17:21
Topic: Mascia in Chicago--attn: Angela Mascia
Replies: 2
Views: 3958

Re: Mascia in Chicago--attn: Angela Mascia

Dear peggymckee,

Thank you for thinking of my research. I am actually talking with the great nephew of Domenico Mascia and we have lots to talk about.

Also, the Giovanni De Dominicis family in Pittsburgh is another line of the Mascia family I will trace now.

Thanks a bunch!

Angela
by angelamascia
24 Jul 2007, 23:14
Topic: Domenico Mascia in West Virginia, USA
Replies: 35
Views: 30394

Re: Domenico Mascia in West Virginia, USA

Hello All, First of all thank to all of you who have helped me with my research. I am happy to say that I have located the family of Domenico Mascia here in the US and we are actually communicating. This is very exciting for me also in the anticipation of the planned events in August, October and De...
by angelamascia
24 Jul 2007, 22:56
Topic: Any Mascia's in Argentina?
Replies: 6
Views: 9808

Re: Any Mascia's in Argentina?

Dear fcatelotti, Thank you for following up on my request. I did go on the web site you indicated and in matter of fact I have found the 5 people looking for Mascia's in Argentina. I have already contacted one person who I think might be related to my family. Keep your fingers crossed.... Muchas gra...