Search found 35 matches

by FabioP.
03 Mar 2010, 17:10
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: COLLE SANNITA (Benevento)
Replies: 89
Views: 196715

Re: COLLE SANNITA (Benevento)

My name is Peter Callaro. The original spelling was Callara. My grandfather, Pasquale Callara, was born on September 20, 1880 in Colle Sannita and came to the USA around 1900. His father was Damiano and his mother was Concetta Martuccio. His paternal grandparents were Pasquale and Nicolina Zeolle. ...
by FabioP.
25 Aug 2009, 14:49

Dr. Fabio- I recently found out that my GGM came from Circello. Her name was Vincenza Cerrone. She arrived in US about 1909. It seems her birth year would be 1889. Her parents were Francesco Cerrone and Addolorata Cassetta. By any chance might you have any info on these families? I realize that Col...
by FabioP.
25 Aug 2009, 14:38

Dr. Paolucci, Thank you very much! This is indeed outstanding information. I just shared this with my father and uncle and they are both stunned (they never knew their father had three sisters). Two last questions since you seem to have the quick answers and then I won't bother you again. 1) What w...
by FabioP.
11 Aug 2009, 00:37

Hello Fabio, My grandfather, Giuseppe Antonio Viola, was born on January 24, 1887 in Colle Sannita. I'm trying to put together any history of siblings/relatives there that he may have had. Unfortunately his 7 children (including my father) have very little info on his life in Italy or even how/why ...
by FabioP.
05 Jul 2009, 13:56
Topic: DelGrosso Family
Replies: 15
Views: 18913

Re: DelGrosso Family

Dear Joan Shaffer, excuse me for delay of my answer, but I was very engaged and I had not the time to read your message. Your grandfather was born in Colle Sannita on September 5, 1878, at 7 p.m. His name was Onofrio Antonio Del Grosso. His father, Innocenzo Del Grosso, was born in Colle Sannita on ...
by FabioP.
02 Jun 2009, 14:21

Dear Dr Fabio Paolucci, Thank you very much for your quick response. It was very helpful. I'll get back to you about my grandfather Tedesco's parent's names. I'll have to find out from my mother. Just out of curiosity would you have any information on my other grandparents, Pietro Zeolla born 1921 ...
by FabioP.
24 May 2009, 19:24

Hello Maria, I have the informations you need about your grandmother Giovannina Iapozzuto. She was born in Colle Sannita on October 3, 1907. Her parents were Damiano Iapozzuto, peasant born on March 2, 1883, and Maria Carmela Gagliardo, born on July 16, 1881. Damiano Iapozzuto's parents were Giovann...
by FabioP.
13 May 2009, 10:33

Wow! This is wonderful information! Thank you so much Dr. Fabio! This is much more than we ever knew! We actually have many pictures that I will get together and send to you! Thanks so much! Christopher I'm very happy because we have found your Ancestors! I will be waiting for your reply with your ...
by FabioP.
09 May 2009, 13:58

Dr. Fabio - I hope I am not being a bother to you, thank you so much for the previous information. Unfortunately, the birthdate of my Great Grandfather Georgio was not correct. 1855 was way to early. He was born in 1875 in Colle from new information I got today. I definitely now have the right info...
by FabioP.
08 May 2009, 16:09

Dr. Fabio - Thank you for the FAST information. I just talked to my father, he says that my grandfather was born either on December 24th or December 26th, 1901. His fathers name was George (again in english, Giorgio in Italian), I do not know my great grandmothers name yet! ***UPDATE*** I believe t...
by FabioP.
07 May 2009, 19:32

Dr. Fabio I am researching my family here and I noticed your forum. My name is Christopher DelGross, I live in the United States. My grandfather was born in Colle Sannita in 1901 and emigrated to the United States in 1910. His name (In English) was John DelGrosso. We cannot find any documentation o...
by FabioP.
17 Apr 2009, 19:17

For Denise Petriella DiMasso: Dear Denise, I have informations you need about your great grandmother Carmela Mascia: she was born in Colle Sannita on March 19th, 1879, and her parents were Francesco Mascia (born August 19th, 1845, son of Nicola Mascia and Abbondanza Mascia), and Libera Nicoletta Bas...
by FabioP.
17 Apr 2009, 18:35

For LittleMute: Greetings Ken, Mutino is an ancient surname of Colle Sannita. Since 1580 ca., this surname is written in archival documents in the two ways: Mutino and Motino. The surname Mutino came from the roman "cognomen" Mutinus (your most ancient ancestor had the name Mutino and his ...
by FabioP.
05 Jan 2009, 13:59

Hello Bill, there was in Colle Sannita an ancient noble family Del Grosso, with aristocratic palace in the town square. In this family was born Remigio Del Grosso (Colle Sannita, May 20, 1813 – Naples, February 29, 1876), astronomer, poet, philosopher and university professor. This family was rela...
by FabioP.
08 Sep 2008, 16:18

Hello Fabio: Do you have any information about the ancestors of my great-grandfather, Ferdinando Finelli of Colle Sannita, who must have been born in the mid- to late-1800s. I believe he had a sister, Graziella. He was married more than once. One of his wives was named, I believe, Teresa Del Grosso...