by bruja6kids
31 Jan 2006, 04:44
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Valle dell'Angelo
Replies: 44
Views: 85660

Re: Valle dell'Angelo

Thank you, Suanj!

I will have to remember that when looking for ancestors- maybe some of them interchanged thier surnames/nicknames. This info helps, as I never knew that they did that..
by bruja6kids
31 Jan 2006, 04:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: LaCerva?, LaCerba surname
Replies: 12
Views: 7703

Re: LaCerva?, LaCerba surname

ricbru, vj OMG I think that's him! How did you ever do that? I never ever thought of trying such a spelling for LaCerba-"Acerbi". It has to be him, on that date in 1907 he would have been 25 years old, plus he's going to the same address his mother-in-law ended up at! I can't thank you eno...
by bruja6kids
30 Jan 2006, 10:53
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Valle dell'Angelo
Replies: 44
Views: 85660

Re: Valle dell'Angelo

I am researching all emmigrants who left Valle dell'Angelo (Salerno) to start a new life in the USA and other countries. Contact me if you have information about emmigrants from Valle dell'Angelo or if you are looking for information. this are the families in Valle dell'Angelo, and many people are ...
by bruja6kids
30 Jan 2006, 10:32
Topic: family origin and meaning of my last name
Replies: 9
Views: 14886

Re: family origin and meaning of my last name

Hi all, I'm new here! This is coming a little late, but... One of my family names is also Parisi, and I, too have been trying to find the actual origin. I agree with both ptimber and Suanj on possible origins, and would like to add what I've found - explanations include: Origination probably from th...
by bruja6kids
30 Jan 2006, 10:00

Oh, wldspirit, almost forgot- Yes, when they got to Chicago they stayed there, and all of the children were born in Chicago also, Joseph died in Niles as did his wife Rose, and Frieda(Sam's wife) also died. My s-i-l knows nothing of the female children born to them, and as of yet I haven't found the...
by bruja6kids
30 Jan 2006, 09:50

wldspirit, thanks Yes, that's them, I have the same info (draft and census 1920-30)... "Katie", the m-i-l is Josephines' mother: her real name was Calogera, maiden name Cerniglia(her married name was Saluzzo) and she came in 1907, have her manifest. The last name I'm looking for is "L...
by bruja6kids
30 Jan 2006, 05:46

LaCerva?, LaCerba surname

Hi all, I'm having a really hard time finding any info on the surname Lacerba from Palermo. I've looked in every genealogy website I could find and nothing. There are there few with the surname "Lacerva", but seem are not related to mine. Domenico LaCerba born in Palermo about 1880, accord...