Search found 8 matches

by mastio
14 Jul 2006, 23:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italians in Alcase?
Replies: 0
Views: 2113

Italians in Alcase?

Any info in Italians perhaps immigrating to Alcase? Perhaps Germany or France?
by mastio
04 Feb 2006, 12:16
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian tattoo help
Replies: 6
Views: 20824

Re: Italian tattoo help

My son's name is Vinccenzo. His godfather got Italy Tattooed on his shin with the colors of the Italian flag shaded inside and "Vinnie" written across it. To my suprise, it came out very nice.
by mastio
19 Dec 2005, 13:51
Topic: Tedesco
Replies: 12
Views: 11628

Re: Tedesco

There happens to be a very large population of Tedesco's in New Orleans coming from Palermo.
by mastio
08 Dec 2005, 15:37
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: IAMC Hurricane Katrina
Replies: 1
Views: 3980

Re: IAMC Hurricane Katrina

Growing up in New Orleans and living there all of my life I remember these parades well. Many people do not realize the large Italian population the city contains. My mother was born on St. Joseph's day so it was always special. What a wonderful time we always had. Way better than Mardi Gras. Are yo...
by mastio
23 Nov 2005, 03:20
Topic: Mastio
Replies: 9
Views: 7095

Re: Mastio

That does help although I am still puzzled as to why the name seems Italian. I guess only time and more research will tell. Thanks
by mastio
23 Nov 2005, 00:35

My Grandmother told me a story when I was a little girl about the family being French and in an attempt to escape the French syndicate they changed their name from Masteiur (I think) to Mastio. I always thought this was just a story to entertain a young child but perhaps not. Now I am completly lost...
by mastio
22 Nov 2005, 11:03

I have have come to a still point. Can't get past Alexander Mastio born around 1857 in Louisiana. I am trying to find a link between the surname Mastio in the US and the surname Mastio in Italy. Having difficulty. Any info would be helpful and greatly appreciated. I am aware of a castle in Italy cal...
by mastio
19 Nov 2005, 12:10

Mastio

Looking for any information on the surname Mastio. Thanks